Dog Burial / Cremation

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
FaxKing
Novice
Novice

Dog Burial / Cremation

Post by FaxKing »

Does anyone here know anything about cremating or burying a family dog in Hua Hin or surrounds? Our much loved boy is on his way out and we need to arrange what to do with him after. Burying in our garden isn't an option as we rent and will move soon.

I heard that Samor Phrong Temple offer a cremate service but its just in a field 'round the back' of the temple and not 100% managed properly (they dont burn all bones and dont save ashes). If anyone could help suggest something we would appreciate it. Its keeping me awake at night knowing that his final resting place might not be that special, and this boy deserves only the very best.

Many thanks in advance, Matt & Saa x
Big Boy

Re: Dog Burial / Cremation

Post by Big Boy »

There is another thread on here somewhere saying that the monks at Wat Bo Fai will take care of it. It was a long time ago, but I seem to remember Takiap posting it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

HI,
We sadly lost our dog last year, she was put down at the veterinarian university and they offered a burial service due to her size. You could try asking there if they are willing to offer the service to you.
Minnie136
Novice
Novice

Post by Minnie136 »

FaxKing - did you find out if anyone does this in Hua Hin?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know if our forum sponsor, Expat Lodge has completed their facility, but they were building a crematorium/garden of remembrance into their kennels. It's a lovely setting - well worth calling them.

If it isn't completed, they are very helpful - they might be able suggest somewhere else.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18