737-800 landing at Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

737-800 landing at Hua Hin

Post by Frank Hovis »

I just saw a 737 fly over my house looking like it was heading for a landing at Hua Hin.

Anyone near the airport see what airline it was?

[Edit]
Found it here http://www.flightradar24.com/WIHOK555/67c5881
WIHOK555 Royal Thai Airforce Reg.55-5555
DMK - HHQ
pharvey

Re: 737-800 landing at Hua Hin

Post by pharvey »

^ A fair sized plane for Hua Hin I would have thought - something like 150 passengers?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Found a picture of it here - http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thailand ... 1189561/L/

According to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ai ... _Air_Force it's a VIP Transport.

I initially thought it might have been a Singapore Airlines flight (I didn't get much time to see the tail logo) that had been diverted.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Yes FH,the logo to an extent could have been mistaken for SG due colour scheme.Lion Air Thailand actually flew a 737-800 or 900 into Hua Hin,on the Medan,Hat Yai,Hua Hin route,,but only lasted a very very short time.I believe that was the last time that an aircraft of any size landed in Hua Hin.Its a shame,the likes of Berjaya into Malaysia was a superb service.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Hmm, that Thai Air Force plane has a USA registration on it, or "N" number.... Interesting to see that... Wonder if it was purchased 2nd hand and still had the N number before the final hand over... No idea just curious to see the N number on a Thai military aircraft....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

there is some other stuff going on to support that aircraft so i am sure vip. that is all i will say.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Could be the U.S. Custodial Services, here to collect some of their most wanted. :rasta:
No, on second thoughts, it couldn't be....they would need a bigger aircraft! :-D :cheers:

ps. We would need a cargo ship for the UK most wanted :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Bristolian wrote:Could be the U.S. Custodial Services, here to collect some of their most wanted. :rasta:
No, on second thoughts, it couldn't be....they would need a bigger aircraft! :-D :cheers:

ps. We would need a cargo ship for the UK most wanted :D
:lach: :thumb: :cheers:
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

About 9 years ago when SVGA flew from Don muang to hh every day on their little 12 seater, I got stuck in arrivals at hh with the 2 other passengers because the Queens 737 had just arrived and no one was allowed to leave until her entourage had left. Never seen the airport so busy as every one who was anyone was there to greet her.

The royal family do have 2 737 ' s attached to them (when not impounded by the germans). Indeed the crown prince is a qualified pilot of 737 ' s. I wonder if someone is making a trip further afield than bkk ?