Looking for Travel Agent in Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
trifca

Looking for Travel Agent in Hua Hin

Post by trifca »

Just need to book a flight to USA, can anyone suggest some one ?
Thanks
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Looking for Travel Agent in Hua Hin

Post by JamesWest »

how about using a computer to book your flight?

http://www.kayak.com/flights

and

http://www.expedia.com
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

There is an excellent travel agent about 100 mtrs down from Burger King in the street where the police station is. Have used them personally for both overseas and internal Thai flights,and find them extremely competitive,and helpful.They can actually be cheaper than going online as offers are available to them when cash payments are involved.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The travel agent down from Burger King (not gonna mention names) swiped my card twice & refused to repay me for the extra amount...pure theft!
It was the good-old H.H. tourist police that got my money back from them... :cheers: :cheers:
Ken Diamond just on your right as you've turned the corner into the street where the Hilton is..opp pizza r/rant.
Khun Mike who sits at the back of the shop is a very honest man IMO.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

I am looking for one here in Hua Hin for booking flight to the U.S that I can pay with debit card or cash and can trust to get a good price and service. I have run into a number of problems booking online:
Spent seven hours yesterday booking with an airline site because Visa blocked online transactions from Thailand. I'm not sure if that was temporary or a new policy.
If I book a ticket for someone else, often the airline will have to see the credit card that made the purchase.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I use the one near B King, no problem. If I try to use my debit card they say tey will charge me an extra5%, so I go outside, draw cash from an ATM and pay. I was stuck one time in US a flight cancelled and the flight offered to me would have meant I was too late for my flight LAX to Tokyo, I phoned the travel agent and they sorted it out for me.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

oakdale160 wrote:I use the one near B King, no problem. If I try to use my debit card they say tey will charge me an extra5%, so I go outside, draw cash from an ATM and pay. I was stuck one time in US a flight cancelled and the flight offered to me would have meant I was too late for my flight LAX to Tokyo, I phoned the travel agent and they sorted it out for me.
Name and location if possible?
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

m_right wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:I use the one near B King, no problem. If I try to use my debit card they say tey will charge me an extra5%, so I go outside, draw cash from an ATM and pay. I was stuck one time in US a flight cancelled and the flight offered to me would have meant I was too late for my flight LAX to Tokyo, I phoned the travel agent and they sorted it out for me.
Name and location if possible?
western tours, next to burger king, 100m past the hua hin police station on opposite side, the road that leads to the beach.
I have used them twice now for domestic and international flights, I checked the best price online and both times it was cheaper to pay cash through them, plus no international credit card charges either.

http://www.westerntourshuahin.com/
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Thanks for the help. Sounds like just what I am looking for.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone know if it is possible to book online without a physical credit card? Have heard that airlines now want to see an actual card upon check in.

If this is the case I'll have to use a travel agent.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I asked that very same question when I booked my son's flights to the UK. The answer was that if you book direct with the airline, then they are entitled to ask to see the Credit Card at check in. However, if you book via an agent (I used West East Travel in London) then the risk lies with them, and the airline have no right to ask for the Credit Card.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Agent it is then.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson