Kan Air Pattaya to Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Big Boy

Re: Kan Air Pattaya to Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Hopefully they're still flying to Chiang Mai - I'm booked on that flight very soon.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

jumusman wrote:Are there any flights that leave Hua Hin airport to any destination in the world anymore ? I get the feeling the place is a ghost town and is either closed or will be closing soon.
Yes it's closing thank god we don't want a uk type influx!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
jumusman wrote:Are there any flights that leave Hua Hin airport to any destination in the world anymore ? I get the feeling the place is a ghost town and is either closed or will be closing soon.
Sorry I live here already
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
I remember booking a flight probably 2 years ago now from Hua Hin Airport to Bangkok. 24 hours before the flight I got an e mail that it was cancelled. I would prefer to fly to BKK or Pattaya everytime but I guess the volume isn't there. Oh well.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Done that journey, the delay was longer than the flight. Good old Nok Air, we need you back.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Tried to book it a month ago for Chiang Mai in October and found it double the price of Air Asia ... so Don Muang it is then!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

If you live in Hua Hin then paying double the price isn't a particularly bad deal once you add in the costs and time involved in getting to Don Muang and back (especially if you don't drive)
buksida

Post by buksida »

Doesn't work out that well if you're buying 4 tickets and don't live in Hua Hin!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Well I did make the caveat of living in Hua Hin. And you're right, any more than two tickets then it does start to get significant.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Was that half the price after the Air Asia 'extras' or before? I think Air Asia has a surcharge even for breaking wind, which increases incrementally depending upon what altitude you're at when you commit the heinous crime.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Wind is compressed at high altitude!

4 seats to CM from BKK with AA: 3,960 (icl extras)

4 seats to CM from HH with KAN: 8,228 (seat only)

Edit: one way seats only, we booked the return from Chiang Rai to BKK with Air Asia for 4,770 (4 seats), which provides an excellent opportunity to rent some bikes and hit the roads. Trip report on the way!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You obviously were too late to benefit from the cheap seats from Hua Hin, or even the 2nd tier seats. I couldn't get the cheap seats either for the flights I wanted, but did manage to get tier 2.

Your Air Asia price is good if truly all inclusive. From memory, we even had to pay extra for luggage and ensuring we were sat together last time I used them.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote:Tried to book it a month ago for Chiang Mai in October and found it double the price of Air Asia ... so Don Muang it is then!
I've done the journey now, and:

- Seats were much more generous. Air Asia I have to get in and out of the seat with a shoe horn. Kan Air, even I have plenty of room. OK, not a problem for your family, but a much nicer flight for me.

- Kan Air include a hot meal, which was quite good as airline food goes. Plenty for me.

- Kan Air include free flow (soft drinks). I'm recovering from a bad dose of man-flu at the moment, and this was a god send. I needed a lot of fluid, and this would have bankrupted me on Air Asia.

- It was just a much better experience with Kan Air, and worth the little extra - IMHO.

I could go on, but the local service from Hua Hin wins it hands down for me, and I couldn't envisage doing the journey any other way in future.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Each to their own but an airline meal, glass of pop and bigger seat would not warrant me paying an extra 5,300 baht for this journey.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Can't see anything on their website that points to a HuaHin > U-Tapao and return schedule. Have I missed something??