Best Airlines

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Best Airlines

Post by NOKYAI »

A while ago I jumped on a cheap indian airline, organisation was chaos, was asked to leave the VIP lounge to go down to the concrete to identify my bags as the bar code printer in the UK wasn't compatable with the reader in Delhi !! The food on the flight was fantastic though, nothing reheats like a curry!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We have always had real good flights on a couple Korean airlines, Asiana and Eva. Planes all seem newer, extra legroom and attentive stewardesses. Generally a few dollars more, but usually not that much.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
albaker

Post by albaker »

caller wrote:Certainly, of the regular travellers I know, Thai doesn't enter the equation, particularly on cost. That's my experience too.
As a regular traveller to Thailand , 2/3 times a year , we find the cheapest direct flights from UK is Thai , know that there are only a few airlines who fly direct to Bangkok .
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

migrant wrote:We have always had real good flights on a couple Korean airlines, Asiana and Eva. Planes all seem newer, extra legroom and attentive stewardesses. Generally a few dollars more, but usually not that much.
EVA is Taiwanese.
Very good planes but they arrive at Heathrow too close to the time of the last shuttle to Manchester. Missed the shuttle 3 times out of 5. We now fly Etihad.

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Use EVA every time as do my family and friends. Juggled around about a few years back but IMO EVA comes out top every time
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I would too but for the flight times getting back to UK.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Kraka's Dad wrote:
migrant wrote:We have always had real good flights on a couple Korean airlines, Asiana and Eva. Planes all seem newer, extra legroom and attentive stewardesses. Generally a few dollars more, but usually not that much.
EVA is Taiwanese.
Very good planes but they arrive at Heathrow too close to the time of the last shuttle to Manchester. Missed the shuttle 3 times out of 5. We now fly Etihad. :cheers:
Perhaps a little known fact. EVA aircraft used to have an American flag on the far back side of the fuselage. The reason I was told was that Taiwan wouldn't allow/license a second national carrier, and officially/legally EVA was a US airline even though based in Taiwan. Perhaps those days are over, but next time you have a chance when in an airport, look at the back end and see what small flag is there. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Crafack
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Crafack »

Re: EVA air and flags on the fuselage.

Check this: airliners.net