Flights to/from Thailand status, news, and updates

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Flight to Thailand bargains

Post by oakdale160 »

Buffets at an Indian Airport--I am not squeamish or super careful, but I think I would skip that one. Take a couple of Kit-Kats with me.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not sure about the Kit-Kats, but Mumbai does tend to be rather hectic. I'm not sure that a buffet there would be a selling point for me either :D

Seriously, time on the stopover is short, and it isn't a problem.

I still remember my first stopover at what was then Bombay back in 1990. The airport was deserted, and full of comfortable looking (they were not comfortable) beds for transit passengers. A bit different these days.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

You don't know what you're missing, curry and free flow beer in a big modern sports bar in New Delhi, much better than anything in Suvarnabhumi!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:43 am You don't know what you're missing, curry and free flow beer in a big modern sports bar in New Delhi, much better than anything in Suvarnabhumi!
good curry.jpg
good curry.jpg (8.39 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Have a guess at what the in-flight meal was!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Fly Dubai do quite good deals, but I wouldn't recommend them. Flew back from Sofia to BKK with them a month ago. We had a 5-hour stopover in Dubai, which didn't really concern us as it's a pretty nice airport with lots of places to eat (and drink alcohol). Wrong. We were in the Fly Dubai transit lounge, not the main one. It was quite small, overcrowded, and had very few places to eat or relax. Even worse - no alcohol for sale. Not a dribble. I can't sleep on planes, am a bit of a nervous flyer, and need a couple of glasses of wine to relax myself. I was the only female in the smoking room (thank goodness they had one of those), but had 50 pairs of eyes staring at me. Not a nice experience.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:43 am You don't know what you're missing, curry and free flow beer in a big modern sports bar in New Delhi, much better than anything in Suvarnabhumi!
India......"Free Flow", exactly my experiences of India :roll: . I try to avoid the place like the plague (where that still exists). Never again personally, hopefully never again with work..... I despise the place.

A mate has booked his flight on Emirates to Thailand - a 3 week trip from the UK, over Christmas but leaving Thailand on the 29th... under £400. Spot on deal IMHO!! Beer/booze available by all accounts.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've used Emirates many times but the transit in Dubai isn't always good, the airport is so expansive now that you can spend a lot of time in busses, trains, lifts and walking to get from one flight to another and some of the satellite terminals don't have many facilities at all.
Indifferent curry as well.
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Flight help...

Post by fach3003 »

Hi All,
Not often i post...but always get sound advice. :D :D :D
Going back to UK ( Newcastle! ) for a wedding and xmas time.
Last time i was there for a holiday was 2011...

Can anyone recommend a website for good prices.

I'm out of touch...i used to fly Emirates...Newcastle Dubai BKK.

Wishing everyone well , Regards :cheers:
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Flight help...

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you use somebody like Skyscanner they will search all the options available. Then for peace of mind, if they come up with a good flight option on say Emirates, go to their website just to make sure they don’t have a better deal available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Post by fach3003 »

Thanks for the help Danny Boy :D ...ill start looking and fingers crossed get a good price :cheers:
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I know, in my experience, that flights around Christmas tend to be more expensive. I have used Travelocity.com and have always been content
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

transited through HK recently.What a great airport--light,airy,great views of take offs/landing and great selection of food served by English speakers
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I appreciate that this wont be much use for most people but I think we do have a few members from Germany on here, yesterday I booked a flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok on Emirates and they now give you a free DB rail ticket from anywhere in the country to and from the airport. I can hop over the border from Luxembourg and get a train that would cost me 130 Euro as it is also valid on the ICE high speed trains which are normally quite expensive, which I thought was a pretty good deal.