Flights to/from Thailand status, news, and updates

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Flight to Thailand bargains

Post by Lung Per »

bsdk1960 wrote:copenhagen - bangkok return on 27/11 - 15/12 with aeroflot with 2 hours out and 3 hours home in Moscow
Price 19500 bath.

:cheers: :cheers:
I wouldn´t fly Aerofolot even if they gave it away for free. No way. My one and only experience with the Ruskis years back was a dirty cabin, rude stewardesses, a minimum of service, poor food, seat reservations that didn´t exist once you came onboard and, Moscow Airport is worse than a Persian Market and Heathrow combined.

Many airlines have attractive fares, it´s a question of timing.
Turkish Airlines often have special deals through Istanbul. Their service is excellent, their fleet is new, and they keep their schedule. I got my latest return ticket for 4.100 Danish kroner. Only 1½ hr. stop-over in Istanbul, just sufficient for luggage to be transferred to the Bangkok flight. Add to that attractive departure and arrival times. No shit-o-clock arrival or departure.

:thumb:
A friend is only one click away
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lung Per wrote:Turkish Airlines often have special deals through Istanbul. Their service is excellent, their fleet is new, and they keep their schedule. I got my latest return ticket for 4.100 Danish kroner. Only 1½ hr. stop-over in Istanbul, just sufficient for luggage to be transferred to the Bangkok flight. Add to that attractive departure and arrival times. No shit-o-clock arrival or departure.

Whilst not to Thailand/Bangkok, I've flown Turkish Airlines on several occasions recently and like you Lung Per have been very impressed with the service and the standard of the aircraft. Added to the fact that Ataturk airport is one of the very few that hosts an HSBC VIP lounge, flying Turkish Airlines can be a very comfortable experience...

I'd certainly look into using them on my next visit to Thailand if their price is there or there abouts at the time.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Liberty70
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Liberty70 »

pharvey wrote:Would be interesting to know what websites/agents people are booking through if not directly with the airline.:
http://www.skyscanner.com.au/ has saved me many dollars in the past. Well worth a look
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

37,360b ($1154.40) return ticket on Delta Bangkok to U.S. east coast state next month. I paid more than that last time just to LAX and it's two more flights (and about 2500 more miles) to the east coast. Booked directly through Delta using their flexible dates (for lowest price) search.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

hhfarang wrote:37,360b ($1154.40) return ticket on Delta Bangkok to U.S. east coast state next month. I paid more than that last time just to LAX and it's two more flights (and about 2500 more miles) to the east coast. Booked directly through Delta using their flexible dates (for lowest price) search.
Attractive price for a very long haul. What is the flight time and is there a stop over?
:D
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote:37,360b ($1154.40) return ticket on Delta Bangkok to U.S. east coast state next month. I paid more than that last time just to LAX and it's two more flights (and about 2500 more miles) to the east coast. Booked directly through Delta using their flexible dates (for lowest price) search.
We got tix on Asiana, LAX-BKK 875usd in July and when I checked a few weeks ago the prices actually dropped a little :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Lung Per wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:copenhagen - bangkok return on 27/11 - 15/12 with aeroflot with 2 hours out and 3 hours home in Moscow
Price 19500 bath.

I wouldn´t fly Aerofolot even if they gave it away for free. No way. My one and only experience with the Ruskis years back was a dirty cabin, rude stewardesses, a minimum of service, poor food, seat reservations that didn´t exist once you came onboard and, Moscow Airport is worse than a Persian Market and Heathrow combined.

Turkish Airlines often have special deals through Istanbul. Their service is excellent, their fleet is new, and they keep their schedule. I got my latest return ticket for 4.100 Danish kroner. Only 1½ hr. stop-over in Istanbul, just sufficient for luggage to be transferred to the Bangkok flight. Add to that attractive departure and arrival times. No shit-o-clock arrival or departure.

well some people still and continues to live in the past,at least try read all I wrote about Aeroflot and Moscow airport, 2 hours stopover on the way to BKK, and 3 hours back to Copenhagen whats the differece from Turkish airline ? in a airport which imho is better than Istanbuls.
It's fair enough you and others including my self had some bad experience in the past,but thing sometimes change for the better even for Aroflot.

margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

HHTel wrote:
Manchester to Bangkok on Etihad £458, for 8th December 2014, until 21st April 2105
That's a fantastic deal....lol

Aeroflot have always been on the cheap end. However, my guess is that once you've used them, you'll never use them again!
And there speaks the voice of experience! :wink:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

[quote="HHTel"]It's some years since I used Aeroflot and they were worse than bad. From the UK, change at Moscow, refuel at Kashkent, then New Delhi before finally arriving at Bangkok. Huge delays both ways, service was zero, and your luggage was the last out after other airlines had been serviced. Moscow was one of the most depressing airports etc. etc. The seats were generally broken and the whole aircraft (which seemed to be designed for hauling cattle) could be turned into a freighter. In those days, Aeroflot had no credit line with other airports and there were stories of them paying for fuel with credit cards. I'm sure they have improved as they couldn't get any worse. Glad to hear they are now running a proper service. However, from my past personal experience, I would be reluctant to use them again.

I was on that flight with HHTel and can confirm everything he says. It was beyond scary. Kept on the plane during refuelling at Tashkent and could see down the stairs to the ground staff smoking on the tarmac - so we all lit up as well. Food - terrible. There was a samovar on the trolley, which was kind of quaint, with a choice of fish or chicken. And that was it. 'Don't eat the fish' sprang to mind.
Billy and me chickened out of the return flight. Tried to trade in our return Aeroflot tickets and were offered 2 eggs for them by a travel agent in Bangkok. Ended up paying full whack for singles home with China.
I'm sure they have improved as well, but......
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

bsdk1960 wrote:
Lung Per wrote:
Price 19500 bath.

well some people still and continues to live in the past,at least try read all I wrote about Aeroflot and Moscow airport, 2 hours stopover on the way to BKK, and 3 hours back to Copenhagen whats the differece from Turkish airline ? in a airport which imho is better than Istanbuls.
It's fair enough you and others including my self had some bad experience in the past,but thing sometimes change for the better even for Aroflot.

Good for you, you had a good trip with Aeroflot.
I´d still rather put my money with the Turks than with the Ruskies.
:laugh:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can we concentrate on flight bargains please? We have a whole sub-forum to discuss airline quality.

I will consider the content of this thread this evening, and if the trend is still to discuss airlines, it will be cleansed at that point.

So please, if you want to discuss airline quality, the sub-forum is there for everybody to do so - nobody wants to stop interesting discussion. All that we ask is that discussion is carried out in the correct thread.

THIS THREAD IS TO SHARE AIRLINE BARGAINS WITH OTHER MEMBERS.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Big Boy wrote:Can we concentrate on flight bargains please? We have a whole sub-forum to discuss airline quality.

I will consider the content of this thread this evening, and if the trend is still to discuss airlines, it will be cleansed at that point.

So please, if you want to discuss airline quality, the sub-forum is there for everybody to do so - nobody wants to stop interesting discussion. All that we ask is that discussion is carried out in the correct thread.

THIS THREAD IS TO SHARE AIRLINE BARGAINS WITH OTHER MEMBERS.
Well well, Is it a bargain if the airline quality sucks?
:wink:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

No use commenting on things that happened "some years back"...Nostalgia aint what it used to be
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PAINTER V2

Post by PAINTER V2 »

EVA website offering economy plus leaving from Heathrow June 1st for 1 month duration,
£840.00 RTN,
Std seat same dates £541.00
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Lung Per wrote:
Attractive price for a very long haul. What is the flight time and is there a stop over?
:D
29 hours :shock: and 3 plane changes each way. For some reason all the cheaper flights from here to the east coast of the U.S. go across the Pacific entering at LAX, SFO, or Seattle; then it's two more flights to get across the U.S.
We got tix on Asiana, LAX-BKK 875usd in July and when I checked a few weeks ago the prices actually dropped a little
I used to always get prices under 1k u.s.d. too coming from the U.S., but originating here RT seems to always be at least 30% more than the other direction for the same point to point flights for some reason.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?