booking flights to phuket in Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
libbyb
Novice
Novice

booking flights to phuket in Hua Hin

Post by libbyb »

We hope to spend a few days in Hua Hin in January 2015 then fly to Phuket. We wonder if we should book Phuket flights now from England or is there travel agents in Hua Hin who could arrange it. Also does anyone know if the travel agent would also arrange the transport to airport in Bangkok from Hua Hin for flight to Phuket. We will have to return to Bangkok after Phuket for our return flights to England.

We have not visited Thailand previously and we are not sure where to go and which hotels to use, we plan 4 nights in Bangkok, 7 in Hua Hin and possibly 9 in Phuket. Not sure if accommodation should be booked before we leave England or if tourist info or travel agent would assist in Thailand.

Any information will be appreciated.

thanks
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: booking flights to phuket in Hua Hin

Post by theprice01 »

Hi,
The local travel agents can sort you out with internal flights, accomadation and taxis. Or you can book the flights yourself at a internet cafe, many of them have printers. I would recommend waiting until you are here before booking internal flights as youv'e got more freedom that way if you want to stay longer (or shorter) in HuaHin.
The hotels will probably be busy in Janurary, at that time of the year i wouldn't take the chance of leaving it until i got here...book a brand hotel so at least you know what your getting. some hotels in Thailand are real little sh!thole$
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Thriftydrifter
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Thriftydrifter »

If you book hotels via booking.com (and probably other similar sites) most will allow cancellation with no charge up to 3 days before the first night - so booking doesn't make your plans rigid. Just check the booking conditions of the individual hotel and be aware of when the free cancellation period ends.

If you do your research and read reviews of other travellers on the many websites you should be able to avoid a bad hotel, whether a name brand or not - even a name brand hotel can be 'bad' for you if the location doesn't suit your needs.

I've no experience of booking internal flights in Thailand, but my experience from other countries in the region suggests that prices rise steeply in the last 2 or 3 weeks before the flight date, even in off-peak seasons. Unless someone can verify that Thailand is different, I would be inclined to book from the UK, especially for such a peak time.

I just wonder why you have picked on Hua Hin though? As a long-stay destination it has its advantages, but I wouldn't choose it for a short beach holiday.
libbyb
Novice
Novice

Post by libbyb »

Thank you very much for information.
libbyb
Novice
Novice

Post by libbyb »

Rookie wonders why I would choose Hua Hin as a short beach holiday, main reason was distance from Bangkok - able to travel by public transport from Bangkok. After long flight from England and plans to fly to Phuket I felt that was enough flying for one holiday and reading about Hua Hin I thought it sounded interesting and possible to visit one or two places from there. This is my first visit to Thailand so it is difficult to know where you should go. have booked a few nights in Bangkok and then plan to fly to Phuket then Hua Hin and back to Bangkok for a night before flight back to England.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Phuket----why on earth would you want to go to that septic tank Of a place, when you CAN stay in hua hin.
adammike

Post by adammike »

just do some research on Agoda about where to stay book online with your phone or
tablet or any computer and just show the hotel the e-mail no need for printers.
You can book a flight to phuket when you are in Hua Him or Bangkok ,you might decide to stay in hua him or go to Samui just check out the times of the flights
and the airline's that fly to Phuket before you leave home you don't want to waste
valuable beach and bar time glued to a screen.
jeriatric
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeriatric »

Been puket and agree its crap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk