Please visit our partner websites for more info on Hua Hin and the area: Tourism Hua Hin | Expat Hua Hin | Hua Hin Map | Hua Hin Property | Khao Takiab | Bangsaphan Guide | Ban Krut Info

Emirates flight charges to BKK

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
sateeb
Ace
Ace

Re: Emirates flight charges to BKK

Postby sateeb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Perhaps not surprising, but it has just been announced that Emirates will begin charging for seat assignments on many economy fares as of October 3, 2016. The new charge will apply for Economy Special and Economy Saver fares, though it won’t apply for Economy Flex, Economy Flex Plus, Business Class, and First Class fares.

As before, all passengers will be able to select seats for free through online check-in, starting 48 hours out.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/ ... nt-charge/
"I've met some people — real people, okay?" Selina says of the voting public. "And let me tell you, a lot of them are fookin' idiots." Taken from Veep TV series

HuaHin61

Postby HuaHin61 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Etihat also try to collect more money from travellers,

the cheapest Etihat booking class "economy saver" includes only 1 peace of luggage
the next higher booking class "economy classic" and "economy flex" includes 2 peace of luggage
so if you have a thai wife, with a lot of luggage, you should avoid to book "economy saver"
take it easy

daio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby daio » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Just booked with Emirates travel from Birmingham 26 Jan.return feb.16
£722 return for me and the wife.cheapest I've ever paid in more than
10 years.

MDMK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MDMK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:43 pm

as well as London, Manchester, Newcastle options it might be worth considering Emirates flights from Amsterdam. It's easy and cheap to get to from Glasgow and EK has two A380 flights departing from AMS daily. Dusseldorf also has two EK flights daily, but no idea if that's easily (and cheaply) accessible from Glasgow. Amsterdam definitely is. And it's a good airport. I have never paid in excess of 600quid for AMS to BKK. Certainly not when booking 7 months in advance. The only downside when flying EK from AMS is it doesn't have a dedicated EK lounge. You either have to use the Swissair lounge or you get 50euro food vouchers. Dusseldorf does have an EK lounge.

NOKYAI
Guru
Guru

Postby NOKYAI » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:47 am

You can also redeem your air miles for cash off flights with Emirates now. It Brought my 3 month ticket down to £480 which I felt wasn't bad. It's a pain about the seats though..I booked in early and managed to get the ones I wanted this time.
Now semi retired 60:40 Thailand: UK ( seems to be working well)

MDMK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MDMK » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:55 pm

NOKYAI wrote:You can also redeem your air miles for cash off flights with Emirates now. It Brought my 3 month ticket down to £480 which I felt wasn't bad.

I didn't know that. Can definitely make use of it. Thanks :cheers:

Return to “Flights, Airlines & Airports”