Nok Air new flights Hua Hin to Bangkok

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Nok Air new flights Hua Hin to Bangkok

Post by caller »

Chromeman wrote:So hoping to get the reservation changed to Friday March 7th... :|
Why are you so keen to fly? I'd take the refund and save the money if I was you.
Talk is cheap
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

"Flight training" for my girlfriend. :wink:

She has never been in an airplane before, and never gone through the rigmarole a modern airport can be.

Planning to get her to come home to me later this year, and preferably without me having to come down to Bangkok to help her fly home to me.

So I wanted her to at least have experienced this one time together with me before having to do this on her own.

Besides, the cost for 2 tickets at the cheapest fare is about the same a hiring a taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin would cost.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The first time my wife stepped on a plane was a (direct) flight to the UK from Thailand - on her own! She was fine.

But understand your reasons, although it might take just as long as a taxi as well, what with the trip to the airport and hanging around for the flight. Then you have to get into town from HH airport. I've only been there once, it was deserted.
Talk is cheap
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

We will be staying at the Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok before the flight, and it is only a built-in walkway from the hotel to the airport, so that part should be swift. And is arranging with the hotel in HH to arrange for pick up at the HH airport.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

We are hoping to use Nok Air from Don Muang to HH some time in July, as we will be traveling from Chaing Mai to Nakon Sawan, stopping for a week or so there, then driving to Don Muang to pick up a flight to HH.
Luckly, no baggage, as that is going on to HH from DM by van.

The shlep from DM to HH by car is too long, especially at weekends, so for us, flying seems the wise choice, especially when kids are travelling with us constantly asking "are we there yet?" :cuss:

We used to use the old service (DM to HH and return) many years ago and found it to be fast and convienient and HH airport was spotless and the staff were very polite. But not yet tried Nok Air, so we are looking forward to see what their service is like.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

I just travelled from HH to Dm on nok. Plane only had 9 people on it. 35 minutes flight time easy to book.
Taxi to swampy 360 baht with airport tax and 30 mins. Heaps better than risking life and limb with the minibus.
Hope that helps
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Looks like this flight opportunity between Bangkok and Hua Hin is disappearing. I just got a new e-mail from Nok Air telling me that my flight from BKK Friday 7/3 have been cancelled, and that all flights from 1/3 - 29/3 have been cancelled. :(

And looking at their web site, I can't find any more any flights in March between Bangkok and Hua Hin.

So then I guess I have to book a car then... :|
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's a shame - I only tried it a few days ago and was impressed. I would have used it again :cry:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I have now booked a car and driver for both the trip from Bangkok to Hua Hin and then for Hua Hin to Pattaya end of March.

So the most exciting thing now is how long Nok Air will take before my money is returned. The email I received said it could be up to 45 days. ;-)
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Chromeman wrote:Looks like this flight opportunity between Bangkok and Hua Hin is disappearing. I just got a new e-mail from Nok Air telling me that my flight from BKK Friday 7/3 have been cancelled, and that all flights from 1/3 - 29/3 have been cancelled. :(

And looking at their web site, I can't find any more any flights in March between Bangkok and Hua Hin.

So then I guess I have to book a car then... :|

Im surprised these flights have lasted so long!

See if they return next November but I won't hold my breathe!

They were handy whilst they lasted….

:cheers:
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Looks like it is gone for this time. No bookable flights available in April or May either on their web site.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

A number of start ups have tried to get things rolling between Bangkok and Hua hin with flight serive but it has never worked. With Bus,Train,Taxi and Mini bus plying the route I would think it would be a hard go to make any sort of profit in the aviation sector with fuel,nav,maintence and such fee`s. Sad as I was going to use Nok next time and avoid the rat race in a Taxi/bus to Hua hIn from BKK.
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

One thing to do is go to the Nok website and keep sending comments about the want/need for a Hua Hin/Bangkok service. If they get many they may rethink, and they could restart at least a few times a week. You never know but it won't happen without potential customers crying out. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

They have been running the service for 3 months now, and even though it probably could have profited by better advertising, I guess the bottom line for the CFO was red, or if in black, just too small to continue...
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Maybe the plan on adding it back only during each year's high season.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?