Flight Deals From Heathrow

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Flight Deals From Heathrow

Post by kendo »

Hi, just starting to look at flights and dates for January and February from Heathrow normally book through East West travel but always looking for the most competitive quote can anyone give me the heads up on any direct flight only, outstanding deals to be had. :idea:

Thanks in advance.
Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
frank1957

Re: Flight Deals From Heathrow

Post by frank1957 »

have a look at...... cheaptickets.co.th.....even though it's a Thai website they usually have some good prices
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

EVA are quoting about 575 pounds for many dates in Jan./Feb. which isn't bad for a direct flight booked that far in advance.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Eh-up mate..Etihad have some deals on also (depending on how long you stay in the L.O.S..?) They were doing it for about 529..check their own web page Kendo..I cannot remember where I saw it now..DOH!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I always use lastminute.com (doesn't have to actually be last minute), but all the major search engines have pretty much exactly the same deals.

I've read from people on here that you can get much better prices going with the carrier direct, but in 10 years of flying here I've never been able to find a direct deal that's more than 10 pounds cheaper than a broker site, and usually the prices are much higher, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: I found them to be the cheapest on 3 different occassions.

However, everytime before I booked a flight, I always scrutinised many sites on the Internet carefully for a couple of weeks making sure that I got a deal that I was happy with.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pleng wrote:I always use lastminute.com (doesn't have to actually be last minute), but all the major search engines have pretty much exactly the same deals.

I've read from people on here that you can get much better prices going with the carrier direct, but in 10 years of flying here I've never been able to find a direct deal that's more than 10 pounds cheaper than a broker site, and usually the prices are much higher, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong!
Most of the airlines quote something on the lines "if you can find a cheaper comparable flight elsewhere, we will match that price".

I would check the three websites of the carriers that fly direct (BA, Eva and Thai) and compare their prices - Usual Suspect mentioned Etihad, who I use nearly all the time as they are a very good airline, but of course they fly via Abu Dhabi with a (usually short) stopover. Same principle with Qatar and Emirates.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:I would check the three websites of the carriers that fly direct (BA, Eva and Thai) and compare their prices
Qantas? Same same but different to BA. Or don't they do direct any more?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:I would check the three websites of the carriers that fly direct (BA, Eva and Thai) and compare their prices
Qantas? Same same but different to BA. Or don't they do direct any more?
Before BA would quote the same prices whether it was a BA flight or a code share on a Qantas flight, but since they split up that no longer applies. Just done a quick check and Qantas offer flights but code share with Emirates (via Dubai) so no direct flights to BKK.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks - I didn't know. I rated them very low with BA and Romanian anyway.

Points 48; Position 18
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

From our recent experiences Eva have the cheapest direct flights. The price always looks roughly the same whether using an agent or booking direct, and tends to get more expensive the closer you get to departure date. 10 years or so ago it felt much easier to get deals, these days it seems like you just have to pay. I've no idea what can be done with a Middle East shopping stop-over, we've always flown direct.
Good luck
Jim
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Coming back to HH later today on a direct EVA flight booked through Westeast. Looked at the prices on the website but got a better deal by asking them for a quote. For about the same price I got 30kg rather than the normal 20kg. Thai had some deals where one traveller was a Thai national. I think it is best to get an online price and then ask them if they can offer something better.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

....but in 10 years of flying here I've never been able to find a direct deal that's more than 10 pounds cheaper than a broker site,...
That has been my experience as well and it also indicates how much the broker makes on the deal!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Pleng wrote:I always use lastminute.com (doesn't have to actually be last minute), but all the major search engines have pretty much exactly the same deals.

Most of the airlines quote something on the lines "if you can find a cheaper comparable flight elsewhere, we will match that price".

I would check the three websites of the carriers that fly direct (BA, Eva and Thai) and compare their prices - Usual Suspect mentioned Etihad, who I use nearly all the time as they are a very good airline, but of course they fly via Abu Dhabi with a (usually short) stopover. Same principle with Qatar and Emirates.

How long is the stop over as I have a two and a half year old I don't know if it would be a good or bad thing to stretch the legs.
I only have ever done one indirect flight with Qatar the flight was excellent but they left the whole planes luggage in Doha we got our bags 48 hrs later.

Westeast Travel have quoted me

Eva £618 direct
Thai £638 direct
And for my daughter it's 75% of the full adult fare, ( now I think that's a bit steep) does any airline offer a better deal for the little ones.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

kendo wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:

How long is the stop over as I have a two and a half year old I don't know if it would be a good or bad thing to stretch the legs.
I only have ever done one indirect flight with Qatar the flight was excellent but they left the whole planes luggage in Doha we got our bags 48 hrs later.

Westeast Travel have quoted me

Eva £618 direct
Thai £638 direct
And for my daughter it's 75% of the full adult fare, ( now I think that's a bit steep) does any airline offer a better deal for the little ones.
As I mentioned before, I mainly use Etihad as I still have a Gold card and get priority booking, lounge use and extra luggage allowance even if flying economy. They have 3 departures from LHR a day and the best one (for me) departs at about 9.30 am, about 2.1/2 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi and arrives BKK at just gone 7 am. I find the relatively short break in Abu Dhabi quite good to stretch your legs and get some refreshments. As an airline they are the equal or better than any of the other Middle East airlines, but I would check the prices of Emirates and Qatar as well.