Thai Airways

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Thai Airways

Post by StevePIraq »

I travel with Thai Airways a fair bit and feel they are ok, not the best by any means but not bad.

Recently I booked a flexible date flight on line and all was good, I need flexible due to my location and business requirements. So anyway I find I have to change my dates so go back onto the Thai Airways web site and lo and behold there is no where to make changes to the booked flight. I search all over and finally find an email address so sent them a short email asking how I make changes. I told them my location which is not the most accessible place in the world and has no Thai Airways office.

The email response was "you must go into a Thai Ticketing office to make the change" below that was Correspondence is answered during normal business hours.
We are not able to reply your email promptly.

I know service is not one of Thailand best attributes but this is ridiculous.

maybe my last flight with Thai unless I get better service than this.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: Thai Airways

Post by Frank Hovis »

Yes, they have a useless website, and in my opinion are one of the lowest value for money airlines flying out of Bangkok.
Try contacting the ticketing office at Suvarnabhumi on (66-2) 288-7000, there should be no difficulty in getting your inbound flights changed over the phone. Outbound flights are usually more trouble but if you have a fully-flexible ticket it should not be a problem.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Steve, Can someone else go to a Thai Airways ticketing office on your behalf if they have one in their location ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I'm sure I can get my wife to go to an office but not sure if they will accept her requesting a change, maybe if I send here a letter giving her authorization it will help. Good idea.
Usually it's not such an issue as in Dubai or other more developed places there are Thai Airways offices to sort these things out.

I just phoned the ticketing office at Swampy and was told it is a public holiday and I must phone back on Wednesday which is great when my original flight was Thursday.

Customer Service at it's best
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

StevePIraq wrote:I'm sure I can get my wife to go to an office but not sure if they will accept her requesting a change, maybe if I send here a letter giving her authorization it will help. Good idea.
Usually it's not such an issue as in Dubai or other more developed places there are Thai Airways offices to sort these things out.

I just phoned the ticketing office at Swampy and was told it is a public holiday and I must phone back on Wednesday which is great when my original flight was Thursday.

Customer Service at it's best
We are not amused.
A friend is only one click away
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

A couple of years ago I had a problem with a Thai Airways ticket. I'd seen a Thai Airways logo outside an office here in Luxembourg, so I strolled in and these two Thai girls sat at desks stared at me like I was a Martian. I explained the problem I had with my ticket and one of them just said "we don't deal with passengers here" and that was that. I still haven't got a clue why Thai Airways has an office in a country that they don't fly to that doesn't even deal with passengers.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I still haven't got a clue why Thai Airways has an office in a country that they don't fly to that doesn't even deal with passengers.
Probably because Daddies little daughter wanted to live there for awhile. :cuss:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

Pathetic website. Only reason to choose this airline is they can be much cheaper than anyone else, if cost is a factor. Found the flights OK, nothing to write home about.
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

For me the best are Etihad and Qatar, Qatar must have the best business class lounge anywhere, just fantastic. Doha business check in is like a five star hotel, not even standing to check in. if I don't get satisfaction with Thai on Wednesday they will not see my business again
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

StevePIraq wrote:For me the best are Etihad and Qatar, Qatar must have the best business class lounge anywhere, just fantastic. Doha business check in is like a five star hotel, not even standing to check in. if I don't get satisfaction with Thai on Wednesday they will not see my business again
Seriously, do you think they would care less?
:roll:
A friend is only one click away
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lung Per wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:For me the best are Etihad and Qatar, Qatar must have the best business class lounge anywhere, just fantastic. Doha business check in is like a five star hotel, not even standing to check in. if I don't get satisfaction with Thai on Wednesday they will not see my business again
Seriously, do you think they would care less?
:roll:
The answer is clearly no, but Steve will feel a lot better. Personally I have always found Thai very expensive for flights from BKK to the UK so always look for alternatives, with Etihad my preferred carrier, partly because I still have a gold card with them providing 15kg extra luggage allowance, lounge access and BC check-in, but also because they offer a very efficient and courteous service.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Thai are normally expensive but if you watch the various booking sites, on certain dates they discount direct flights from Europe to Bangkok to a very decent price which is why I've used them from time to time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote:Thai are normally expensive but if you watch the various booking sites, on certain dates they discount direct flights from Europe to Bangkok to a very decent price which is why I've used them from time to time.
I'm sure you are right Steve, but I have never seen them offer cheap flights originating from BKK to say LHR, although all airlines are more expensive flying from BKK, rather than to it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Thai Dubai to BKK business class return is around US 2000 strange thing us Thai BKK to Dubai Business return same dates is US1400, work that out.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

copenhagen - Bangkok may - start august = 21000 baht return. :D :D

:cheers: :cheers: