Flight Search

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
almirante82
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Flight Search

Post by almirante82 »

I just booked return flights for the family, 2 adults and 1 child, 150,000 Baht, Bangkok to London, direct with BA. Mostly I fly with Emirates and usually the prices are better but wanted to get a direct flight this time around, and my god you certainly have to pay for it!!
DAVYCHEZ

Post by DAVYCHEZ »

Many thanks for all the replies, really appreciate it :)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

nij400 wrote:...is air india really that bad?

Yes, it really is bad. Massive delays and grumpy, rude, flight attendants. Never ever will I fly Air India again.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I has no choice but to fly Air India in the 80s and 90s, I said I would never fly with them again. Late last year I flew with them again, against my better judgement, but had no real choice. Welcome to Air India of the 80s. Nothing has changed!!! I am pretty sure that AI flights are safe, ground engineers and flight crew are well trained but......
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Further to what I mentioned earlier about booking less than two months ahead to get better prices, I've just bought a ticket on BA for a flight next month that I've been watching for a while. Exactly 30 days before the date, that particular flight dropped by over a hundred pounds and I noticed that dates around there started selling out very quickly, so you need to buy quickly once you see a drop.
Incidentally, in one of those quirks of airline ticketing, I paid £140 less to fly Luxembourg-Heathrow-Bangkok than they were quoting to fly just Heathrow-Bangkok!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I need to visit 2 US cities.
Generally is it much cheaper to
1. take a return ticket to city A, then a 2 way domestic flights in the us to the city Band back toA and fly back from city A
than
2Take a flight to city A, domestic flight to city B. Fly back to BKK from city B
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Generally I have found that you are correct with #1 but it all depends on the airlines and schedules and deals they are offering.

If you are going soon you will be hitting the holidays so maybe not too many deals

Good Luck!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

No I was thinking about 7-8 weeks from now