Flight Search

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
DAVYCHEZ

Flight Search

Post by DAVYCHEZ »

I'm searching for flights from the UK to Bangkok in August and the prices seem really high.
Has anybody got any 'flight search' suggestions?

Many thanks :D
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Flight Search

Post by Bristolian »

I booked directly, on-line with Ethiad over Christmas & New Year. Their on-line prices were much lower than any of the flight search companies.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
sticks

Post by sticks »

try holiday genie web site i put july until august dates in and there where flights there from £500 the flights will be more expensive if you travel while the school holidays are on
buksida

Post by buksida »

What drives me nuts with all these online flight sites is that the same plane going the other way (BKK-LHR) is over double the cost :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

try sri lankan airlines, I found good prices for bkk/frankfurt germany, may be they also have something for uk/bkk
best of luck :)
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Did a radom search & Emirates out of LDN Heathrow on 12th Aug till 30th Aug was £704.
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

I usually fly from Manchester to Bangkok using one of the "Gulf" airlines, but not Gulf air, terrible airline. For flights in April were coming out about £750/800. Decided to wait a bit then found Etihad for £470, and that was on Netflights. Since found out that if you book direct with airline you can reserve your seat when you book.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Skyscanner has Swiss at 645 for 01AUG-02SEP out of LCY or Norwegian from LGW for 602.
I don't think you'll get much cheaper than 600 for a round trip these days unless you go ex-Soviet or Indian sub-continent. The tax (and airlines 'fuel surcharge') on these flights is now so high, getting a price lower than 500 means you probably aren't paying for the flight at all.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I would leave it a bit if I were you as many airlines don't discount anything more than two or three months in advance.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

buksida wrote:What drives me nuts with all these online flight sites is that the same plane going the other way (BKK-LHR) is over double the cost :cuss:
I've found most airlines are quoting 75% of the price of a return ticket for just a one way trip at the moment
Complexity is so simply overrated
nij400

JET AIR v INDIA AIR

Post by nij400 »

BKK TO LONDON HEATHROW
I have been checking flights and theres nearly 100 pounds differance between these to flights on a one way flight and they are almost the same flight times,is air india really that bad ????
I used Jet before a couple of years ago but never flown with air india,i have looked at reviews on the net and getting very mixed opinions.
Who do you recommend ?????????
:cheers:
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: JET AIR v INDIA AIR

Post by PET »

nij400 wrote:BKK TO LONDON HEATHROW
I have been checking flights and theres nearly 100 pounds differance between these to flights on a one way flight and they are almost the same flight times,is air india really that bad ????
I used Jet before a couple of years ago but never flown with air india,i have looked at reviews on the net and getting very mixed opinions.
Who do you recommend ?????????
:cheers:

My experiences with Jet have been very good and their early evening departure from Bangkok and early morning arrival in London are what I want
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've used Jet both from London and Brussels and I thought the actual airline was really quite good. My only complaint was that the transit in Mumbai was a bit chaotic but I would use them again if the price was right.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Try www.westeasttravel.com they often have some very good offers. It would seem the taxes are what put the price up these day; they are usually more than the flight itself!
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Jet Air is good. Stay away from Air India. Poor safety record and heavily in debt. Union strikes disrupt service at your peril. Also service is terrible. I will pay hundreds more not to fly this airline (Air India.)
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!