Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

My guests have been using it both ways without problems for a couple of years. The latest being 2 or 3 weeks ago to go back to the airport. Always booked online. It's been an excellent service and saved me many a trip to the airport. I do hope it's not going 'down the pan'.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

I finally got in. Been trying for days with no luck. Playing around with different browsers and using the two different sites cleared up whatever it was that that directed me to the under construction web page. No more under construction.
I think something to do with my webcache.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
ricke44
Novice
Novice

Post by ricke44 »

We are planning on catching this bus at the Cha-am stop...any hints as to where the stop actually is? Hopefully northbound side of Phetkasem...is there a kiosk or anything to identify it? We do have our tickets bought already, so no worries there..just want to make sure we know where to go....
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

ricke44 wrote:We are planning on catching this bus at the Cha-am stop...any hints as to where the stop actually is? Hopefully northbound side of Phetkasem...is there a kiosk or anything to identify it? We do have our tickets bought already, so no worries there..just want to make sure we know where to go....
Northbound side, yes. It stops in front of the Krungsri/Ayudyha Bank. Opposite the Bangkok Bank and 7-11 on the other side of the road which is the drop-off point on the way back from the airport.

There is no kiosk or anything to identify it, just make sure you're there in plenty time and make yourself visible to the driver I guess!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Sabai Sabai wrote:
ricke44 wrote:We are planning on catching this bus at the Cha-am stop...any hints as to where the stop actually is? Hopefully northbound side of Phetkasem...is there a kiosk or anything to identify it? We do have our tickets bought already, so no worries there..just want to make sure we know where to go....
Northbound side, yes. It stops in front of the Krungsri/Ayudyha Bank. Opposite the Bangkok Bank and 7-11 on the other side of the road which is the drop-off point on the way back from the airport.

There is no kiosk or anything to identify it, just make sure you're there in plenty time and make yourself visible to the driver I guess!
"make yourself visible"? Sure, but wouldn't it be great if there was some way for the driver to know he had a pickup in Cha-Am...
ChaAmPickupAirportBus.JPG
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

There is a proper Bus Stop at this location. So you can sit out of the sun and wait. If you have purchased tickets, the driver will stop regardless of if he sees you or not. You will see the sign on the bus.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Homer wrote:
Sabai Sabai wrote:

"make yourself visible"? Sure, but wouldn't it be great if there was some way for the driver to know he had a pickup in Cha-Am...
ChaAmPickupAirportBus.JPG
I think he was just asking about the location of the pick-up point as opposed to how to book. (he's already booked) I guess it's worth mentioning that, yes you do need to specify pick-up in Cha-am when booking though.
SunandFun wrote:There is a proper Bus Stop at this location. So you can sit out of the sun and wait. If you have purchased tickets, the driver will stop regardless of if he sees you or not. You will see the sign on the bus.

I may be mistaken, but from memory is the bus stop not only on the southbound side? I don't think there is one on the northbound side if I remember correctly.

I would just be safe and make sure the driver sees me anyway, regardless of whether 'he should stop anyway'
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Google street view

Northbound pick up point - https://www.google.com/maps/@12.7982327 ... 312!8i6656

Southbound drop-off point - https://www.google.com/maps/@12.7966349 ... 56!6m1!1e1
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Just a quick reminder that the H.H./airport bus timetable is changing at the start of April.
The 2pm bus from H.H. that I usually use has been wiped..my choice is 1pm or 3.00 now..so please take time to check if you're planning a trip next month... :cheers:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Have all the buses been changed so the seat backs adjust? I've had 2 round trips since Oct, a friend had 1. Adjustable seats in all buses.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Homer wrote:Have all the buses been changed so the seat backs adjust? I've had 2 round trips since Oct, a friend had 1. Adjustable seats in all buses.
Oh God, I hope not! Inconsiderate passengers are the bane of my life as a frequent traveler, irrespective of nationality. It's usually a case of "me me me" and to hell with anyone sitting behind me. A small adjustment ok but full lay back mode is unacceptable unless the seat pitching permits.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been on quite a few of these buses over the last few years - I've never been on one without adjustable backs.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:I've been on quite a few of these buses over the last few years - I've never been on one without adjustable backs.
Either you were lucky or I wasn't. The non adjustable ones are bad. hhfarang described them well: People have raved about how comfy the seats are on this airport bus. I took it once and the seat lean back at such an angle (not adjustable) that I felt like I was sliding forward all the way and my back was killing me when we arrived. http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 40#p353640
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would guess you have to be unlucky to get a non-adjustable back, but then again, maybe I have been lucky.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Agree 100 percent with Bristolian!The price has steadily been reduced over the last 24 months for an extremely good service,HH/Suvarnabhumi/HH,so now[FARANG] we are going to complain about the angle of the seat.Lets realise the different options here and cost,whats better!!!!!!!!!!!!!