Thai Regional Airlines Sale... 900 baht!!

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Thai Regional Airlines Sale... 900 baht!!

Post by jumusman »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but anyway...

Just booked a flight from Hua Hin to Pattaya for December and noticed on the Thai Regional Air website a special for 1000 baht flights. I gave them a call to verify and it's for flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai or Phuket. (Even though it says all routes on the website) I tried playing around with some flights from Bkk to Chiang Mai in Dec next month and some of the flights were even 900 baht.

http://www.thairegionalairlines.com/?p=1579#

It also says its valid for a year and you can change your flight one time. It also says it's only for the first 5000 seats, I don't know about you guys but that seems like an amazing deal to me :dance:
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thai Regional Airlines Sale... 900 baht!!

Post by StevePIraq »

Seems a bit crazy to me but then again this is Thailand. I checked the web site and no flights HH to PTY are indicated, the site also states there are flights HH to Samui but when trying to book no flight comes up. Even BKK to HH is shown but no flight come up when trying to book

To my knowledge the only flights into and out of HH are by Berjaya Air which started this week and was televised the flights are to KL Malaysia only, three times a week at USD 202 return inc tax.

I hope your flight is guaranteed however something seems wrong.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

yup, did not know of any flights to Pattaya from HH, what dates and times have you booked OP?
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

StevePIraq wrote:Seems a bit crazy to me but then again this is Thailand. I checked the web site and no flights HH to PTY are indicated, the site also states there are flights HH to Samui but when trying to book no flight comes up. Even BKK to HH is shown but no flight come up when trying to book

To my knowledge the only flights into and out of HH are by Berjaya Air which started this week and was televised the flights are to KL Malaysia only, three times a week at USD 202 return inc tax.

I hope your flight is guaranteed however something seems wrong.

That was my mistake, I am actually flying to BKK from HH - My journey ends in Pattaya so I have to take a bus from the airport. Thai Regional are the only one's that fly from HH to BKK. There is only one flight a day that leaves at 5pm and takes 45 minutes to get there.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

good the Bangkok flights are back on? they were off last week until further notice, is it still 1800bt each way? or did you actually get it for 900bt?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Maybe it is just a faulty web site as when I try to check on any flights to or from HH it states no flights found.

HH airport web site also states there are no flights.

I hope you flight does go ahead and is correct we need some other ways to get out of HH instead of the death trap road journey to BKK and southwards.

Enjoy your vacation. :cheers:
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

StevePIraq wrote:Maybe it is just a faulty web site as when I try to check on any flights to or from HH it states no flights found.
Hi Steve,
That's a little strange. I go to

http://www.thairegionalairlines.com/

On the right where it says Book Flight I choose From : HUA HIN then in the TO box you can either choose Bangkok or Samui. Are you picking certain dates ? They don't fly every day from HH to BKK and Koh Samui, it's on certain days. I did get a confirmation e mail with a booking number and I also rang their call center at 02-171-7997 and verified my info. They also charged my credit card, so I do feel confident ! :D
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

jumusman wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:Maybe it is just a faulty web site as when I try to check on any flights to or from HH it states no flights found.
Hi Steve,

On the right where it says Book Flight I choose From : HUA HIN then in the TO box you can either choose Bangkok or Samui. Are you picking certain dates ? They don't fly every day from HH to BKK and Koh Samui, it's on certain days. I did get a confirmation e mail with a booking number and I also rang their call center at 02-171-7997 and verified my info. They also charged my credit card, so I do feel confident ! :D
as per my question above what price each way?
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

blue05 wrote:good the Bangkok flights are back on? they were off last week until further notice, is it still 1800bt each way? or did you actually get it for 900bt?

I paid 2300 baht 1 way. I remember they had a special a few months ago for HH to BKK for 1700 but that specific special is over.

The reason I did 1 way is because the flight back from BKK to Hua Hin leaves at 9am in the morning which is just a little too early for my liking.
Last edited by jumusman on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Friends found a cheap fare to Cambodia on Air Asia, but did not read the fine print.
By the time airport charges, luggage charges, breathable air charges, etc were added on the price had tripled, so read the fine print!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

jumusman wrote:
Hi Steve,

I dunno, maybe it's my PC or something but I never get any flights to show up when following the booking steps. I will give them a call.

For other posters the terms are very clear
Conditions are for flights starting 12/12/12
Baht1,000.00 for all seats all routes
40KG luggage, this is amazing especially for a domestic flight, maybe the plane has a roof rack.
Ticket validity 1 year, no refunds
Includes all applicable fares and taxes

Sounds amazing. There appears to be daily flights to BKK Savarnabumi so at this price it is better than a taxi.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Can access from my PC with no problem.

Currently flights to/from BKK/HH are at THB2,390 each way. Certainly a good option for single travelers.

The promotion for the THB 1,000 flights starts on 12/12/12 (for 5,000 seats only), so I suspect that attempts to book after that date will show at THB1,000 each way, but I guess only for a short time.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Guys
it's not rocket science
The advert clearly says the 1,000 Baht flights are these routes - Chang Mai /Phuket/ Bangkok
Not 1,000 for HH flights. :banghead:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Hey Pagey

Yep, looks like your are right!

So HH remains at THB2,390 one way
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's usual for such offers to only apply to a few seats on each flight. As the flight to Hua Hin is so small, I doubt whether there's any capacity to offer discounts.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20