Delhi Airport

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Delhi Airport

Post by STEVE G »

Actually it was quite entertaining trying to get through Mumbai one time. A representative from one airline tried to get his passengers to the front of the line but got stopped by staff from Air India who got into a bit of a shoving match which was then joined by security guards. After about five minutes of utter mayhem, a large and imposing Sikh Army NCO marched up with a swagger stick under his arm and dispersed the lot of them with a loud parade ground bellow!
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Ah well,looks like i'm in for an interesting journey!! They were coming in around £150 cheaper than the nearest comparison so i had to take it. Thanks for all the feedback. I will post my experiences when i get to LOS :cheers: :D
Howay the Lads!!!!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have used Air India a few times recently, admittedly I have been bumped up on all but one leg. I get this https://premierlife.airportangel.co.uk/ ... ageID%3d16
with my bank. The VIP lounge is fine and the Indian wines were better than expected.
When you get the inevitable confusion I find it best to head for the chap with the biggest mustache as he's always in charge!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
sapuran
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sapuran »

I was in Delhi last month...The new airport is very well done...Staff speaks good English and very helpful. Dont like to fly with Air India, I would chose another airline.
bazza
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bazza »

Just returned from an holiday in the UK using Jet Airways Found the airline very good and Delhi Airport we found okay clean and polite. The only down side was the walk to the terminal even with the walkways it takes twenty minutes. Mumbai on the flight to the UK was a different story even with a two hour stop over we only just made the connection due to the check in staff opening hand luggage and generally being unhelpful.
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

Arrived yesterday on Jet flight via Delhi. Flight was good and Delhi airport much quieter and easier to navigate than I had been led to believe. Transfer staff are the least friendly I have ever encountered and be warrned every bag you carry needs a luggage label which they stamp and then check before you board the plane. Why, who knows.....