Air Ticket, Genuine Mistake or Scam

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

BaaBaa. wrote:
stgrhe wrote:I never use travelling agents that cannot confirm reservations instantly and are also authorised to print out the tickets by themselves. When I am about to travel I want my ticket on the spot.

G.
I never use them fullstop.

I don't understand why anybody uses them when you have the internet.
Well, the air ticketing business is rather complex and in fact internet does not always provides you with the best deals. Different airlines have different policies and ever so often one can find super duper deals that are only available through the agents. So, it could pay off to check with an IATA agent first if time permits.

One example here in Thailand is Thai Airways domestic fares. When they have a special drive their best prices are actually from the own sales offices (not the airport ones) and not through the internet.

G.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

STEVE G wrote:Before I came out this time I did try a couple as I had a couple of weeks in the UK with more spare time than I usually have, but they weren't able to compete with the prices available online.
I think my previous post may need expansion. When I said that I have contacted the agent, it has been the agent with whom I have been trying to book with online. As I said, on 2 occasions they were able to offer me a better deal than the one on their website. If you're a cheapskate like me (and phone calls are free anyway), it costs nothing to see if they have a better deal.

Who knows? You may be pleasantly surprised :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

All very strange !!

Dear Mr Beecham,

Thank you for your email message of 28 July 2009.

We regret the inconvenience you experienced when you were unable to travel on flight EK 373 from Bangkok to Dubai, on 08 July 2009.

Our records show that you were not holding a reservation to travel on this flight. Our records also show that your electronic ticket number, 1762549452391, was issued by your travel agent on 08 July 2009 at 2pm.

We have no record that your travel agent issued you an electronic ticket on 08 April. They may have sent you a copy of the booking details but not the electronic ticket. This booking was cancelled and reinstated several times by your travel agent.

May I suggest that you contact your travel agent, Thepcharoen Travel, for further clarification.

Mr Beecham, whilst I can understand your disappointment with the situation, the predicament you found yourself in was not due to Emirates.

Thank you for writing to us and for allowing me to explain.

Yours sincerely,

Inas Zaki

Customer Affairs
There is only two things wrong with a woman, her face !
Sebastian88
Novice
Novice

Post by Sebastian88 »

I have used them many time and they never make me a problem. I think they are the most realible Travel agent in huahin and alway offer me a good deal.