Air Ticket, Genuine Mistake or Scam

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Where are Western Tours situated, as they seem to be a very good travel agency?
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

Between Hot Property estate agents and Burger King just down from the main traffic lights.
There is only two things wrong with a woman, her face !
JAJA

Post by JAJA »

we have bought tickets from western tours on several occasions and have never experienced a problem.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Seems Beachyhead that everyone on here has good reports about W.Tours. But I must add that they messed me around a little with my flight, and having being told of your problem by mates of yours made me rather apprehensive,so when I tried 'checkmytrip' web page and my booking code was not logged I was back in to see them (plus the fact that my payment had not gone through...??)
Funny that the manageress was very nervous and cagey upon seeing me and assured me all was in order and the booking code 'had changed',plus a phone call to my bank told me the payment had just gone through that same morning...mmm??? All seems OK for now...
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Strange and stranger. Checked my Amadeus listing on checkmytrip - "does not compute". Went to WT and was told that code had changed - courtesy of Emirates. Just checked checkmytrip and again "does not compute". Printout from WT indicates all bookings confirmed. I suppose all will be revealed next week!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

Hi Charlesh, I sent an e mail direct to Emirates asking why my problem occurred and I received a reply back quoting me a reference number and was told they were looking in to it and would get back to me. On the paper work I got from WT it stated "booking confirmed" but was not. WT told me that it was Emirates who was playing around delaying the confirmation of booking but she never used this as an excuse as she said that they WT should have got this sorted out long before my flight. One of the other posters suggested it is a way for Emirates getting out of over booking a flight ? maybe. The direct e mail address for Emirates if you want to contact them is " emirates-on-line@emirates.com" I hope all goes well.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Thanks Beachyh - I've had 3 changes to the Amadeus No. Tried to phone Emirates in Bkk and got the usual canned recorded voices and choices which finally dropped out (4 times) and have resorted to the e-mail. Also tried the Airline ref no on the Emirates home page without luck - does not compute!!!
Basil Fawlty lives.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

beachyhead wrote:One of the other posters suggested it is a way for Emirates getting out of over booking a flight ?
That common practice by Aeroflot during the Soviet era.
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

Keep me posted charlesh, I would be interested in the outcome, I hope by the fact that your pushing it now, all will be sorted by your fly date.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Thanks beachy head for bringing the issue up. Finally got through to Emirates - now know lots about their limousine service to the airport ha, ha.
Was told that WT had been booking and cancelling my seat regularly. Curious given that I had paid 6 weeks earlier !!! Also told that tickets had not been issued and that if I did not have same by cob Friday the Emirates fares were due to increase by 7%.

Then rang WT and told them to have my tickets ready as I was coming in and really no need as the seats were confirmed as per printout. I insisted and was told would be ready later that afternoon.

Managed to retrieve same although no response as to why they cancel/book multiple times - can only speculate !!!

Note the computer printouts that I had received had no ticket seat number (towards top right hand corner). Went home and managed to use checkmytrip and download the Emirates confirmation sheet - finally. In mean time had received a reply from my e-mail to Emirates indicating that no tickets had been issued on the Amadeus number I sent them with the original e-mail.

Would have been great lobbing at airport next week without a seat and only worthless bits of paper to wave about (worse case scenario).

The bard (William S) must have been thinking of the LOS when he referred to something rotten in the state of Denmark ha, ha.

I think the on line booking will be my preferred option in future!!!
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

I never use travelling agents that cannot confirm reservations instantly and are also authorised to print out the tickets by themselves. When I am about to travel I want my ticket on the spot.

G.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

stgrhe wrote:I never use travelling agents that cannot confirm reservations instantly and are also authorised to print out the tickets by themselves. When I am about to travel I want my ticket on the spot.

G.
I never use them fullstop.

I don't understand why anybody uses them when you have the internet.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

BaaBaa. wrote:I don't understand why anybody uses them when you have the internet.
I normally agree, although I must say, on 2 occassions I've found what I thought to be the best price using the internet. There has been a problem booking, so I contacted the agent. On both occassions, I got an even better deal.

I think those who have read my previous posts will agree that I normally find very competitive prices using the internet eg last year 2 passengers using BA £680 return total cost.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I haven't bought a ticket through a travel agent for years.
Before I came out this time I did try a couple as I had a couple of weeks in the UK with more spare time than I usually have, but they weren't able to compete with the prices available online.
They also weren't able to get hold of any concept of flexibility in travel dates whereas many websites will give you prices for several days each side of a date so you save money sometimes by going earlier or later.
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Always book all tickets over the net - and I do around 20 intl. trips per year. Never had a problem - either directly w the airline, or using a travel-site like "expedia", "lats-minute" or similar.
Travelagents are a thing of the past for me
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]