flights full

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

140k - its always possible to find prices like this, all the airlines have similar figures at some stage. Caveat emptor.

We booked last weekend with Thai for the weekend after Songkran. We got prices in the usual area - around £500-£550. But - and this is the interesting bit - seats on both Thai and Eva were disappearing off the screen while I was booking. Either something funny is going on, or the routes are getting busier. We'll all find out eventually.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Just a quick question - is it possible these days to book a return flight from BKK to London via a 3rd party in the UK?
My wife and I nearly went back earlier in the month and I was looking at return prices from Thailand. Some of them seemed pretty reasonable at 30-35,000 Baht. However, with the exchange rate, that's stacking up at around 600/700 GBP.
Some of the prices that members have been quoting " traveling the other way around" seem pretty good to me and my hard earned money is in the UK so if it's possible to book from another country through my parents, then I might think about it again.
Thanks - it's just the legality of that possibility.
That wasn't a quick question :cheers:
baron_wastelanduk
Professional
Professional

flights full

Post by baron_wastelanduk »

lomu

i asked this question to Eva Air a few years back when the gf wanted to come over and was told that you cant book a flight the other way around
in other words book in uk but start journey outside - flights seem comsiderably cheaper outbound from uk than outbound from BKK dunno why when it is technically the same route and even the same plane
CDK

there are three sorts of people in this world those that can count and those that cant
lomuamart

Re: flights full

Post by lomuamart »

baron_wastelanduk wrote:lomu

i asked this question to Eva Air a few years back when the gf wanted to come over and was told that you cant book a flight the other way around
in other words book in uk but start journey outside - flights seem comsiderably cheaper outbound from uk than outbound from BKK dunno why when it is technically the same route and even the same plane
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, that's what I thought the situation would be.
Anyway, enough of that as I don't want the thread to stray off topic.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Well I've just booked mine for the end of May, with Emirates, for the Grand total of £67 and 67'000 Airmiles.

:dance:
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

BaaBaa. wrote:Well I've just booked mine for the end of May, with Emirates, for the Grand total of £67 and 67'000 Airmiles.

You sure like you aeroplane food :munch:

Did you voluntarily pay to offset your carbon emmissions?

What a good idea, Theres an option to pay more money, The plane WILL take off and land if im not on it and continue to do so every day of the week.

Own up, Who's paid it before? Did it give you a warming feeling? Or is that a global warming feeling :D , Sorry climate change :P
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BaaBaa. wrote:Well I've just booked mine for the end of May, with Emirates, for the Grand total of £67 and 67'000 Airmiles.

Lucky bugger! I’m heading out with Swiss in two weeks and it was 70,000 air-miles and nearly 200 pound.
And bluezephyr, seeing as how I work for airlines, I’ve eaten more airline food than you can imagine!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

bluezephyr wrote:

You sure like you aeroplane food :munch:

Did you voluntarily pay to offset your carbon emmissions?
Sorry but I couldn't give a **** about carbon emissions and the in flight cuisine is OK, I just stock up in Dubai where the frequent flier lounge food is great (As is the free alcohol) :cheers:
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

Aeroplane food is ok, Just having small arms to eat it would be better :)
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

BaaBaa wrote:
Sorry but I couldn't give a **** about carbon emissions
:agree: Keep this Global Warming going - I like the extra public holidays we get when it snows :twisted:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

STEVE G wrote:

Lucky bugger! I’m heading out with Swiss in two weeks and it was 70,000 air-miles and nearly 200 pound.
And bluezephyr, seeing as how I work for airlines, I’ve eaten more airline food than you can imagine!
That seems expensive, I thought you only paid the tax? :?