Flights

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

caller wrote:http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp
I've used them before and they're fine. I know of many Thai/UK folks that use them.
Can concur with Caller, I always used to use Westeasttravel in Hammersmut, family use them now. Never had a problem, always competitive prices and when family got cancelled in November when airport was closed by PAD they went out their way to help them out with refunds and re-scheduled dates.

SJ
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

kendo wrote:
yes you do get a discount for being married to a Thai
Did they say what that discount is these days, and whether they were still sponsored by the Embassy?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

The words Farrang and discount rarely go togeather in Thailand. Are you sure it wasn't a dream... :?
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've lived that dream several times. However, I've been fortunate enough to find an ever better bargain the last few times.

Points 48; Position 20
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Big Boy, i was told that we can't give you an exact price but it will be better than you can find, the Thai lass i spoke with very nice, and this will be my first and last phone call untill we book, i feel a big positive from this, :D you learn something new every day, that makes me feel happy :D
kendo.
:cheers:
P.S Thanks Caller and Big Boy information is King. :dance:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well Kendo and BB, I've learnt something as well and how come I never got a discount!!!! :roll:

Actually, I suspect the answer is that on the extreme price deals there are usually no extra's - no air miles and the like. But last April I travelled via them with Eva for 420 pounds.

Kendo, usually their deals are for a max of 30 days travel - hope that suits?
Talk is cheap
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

I also know Westeast or "Weteet" as the London Thai's call them. Thy are good for Thai and Eva fares but the middle eastern Airlines may have better fares elsewhere. The owner is Vietnamese - but staff are Thai mainly.

I think fuel surcharges are coming down slowly and as this is currently in excess of 200 quid added into your ticket price It may be worth waiting as this is coming down now in small increments - Airlines forward buy fuel.

I've been using Qatar recently, for cost reasons and they have been fine, I prefer Eva but thet are dearer these days

Regards Sabai Jai
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I am going to wait a wile before i book, good point about the fuel surcharges, i never thought about that, you know how i feel cold grey January just want to book to have something to look forward too.
Kendo.

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Big Boy wrote:kendo wrote:
Did they say what that discount is these days, and whether they were still sponsored by the Embassy?
My findings, just booked two tickets, firstly i phoned Airline Network the price quoted was £607 direct with Eva Air, they told me that there was no promotions at present.

Then i called West East travel they quoted me for my 30 day ticket with Eva, direct flight with a special promotion £473
my wifes 3 month ticket was £605 but when they applied the Thai discount the price came down to £563 so in total £1036 thats a saving of £178 on the first quote for the same flights. :D

Thankyou for the advise chaps thats a great saving in this difficult times, Big Boy what i told you about the wifes job has become reality they closed the pub and walked away leaving all the staff locked out with no notice, only two days ago.

Kendo.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

kendo wrote:
Big Boy wrote:kendo wrote:
My findings, just booked two tickets, firstly i phoned Airline Network the price quoted was £607 direct with Eva Air, they told me that there was no promotions at present.

Then i called West East travel they quoted me for my 30 day ticket with Eva, direct flight with a special promotion £473
my wifes 3 month ticket was £605 but when they applied the Thai discount the price came down to £563 so in total £1036 thats a saving of £178 on the first quote for the same flights. :D

Thankyou for the advise chaps thats a great saving in this difficult times, Big Boy what i told you about the wifes job has become reality they closed the pub and walked away leaving all the staff locked out with no notice, only two days ago.

Kendo.
I am very pleased to have been able to help. We've used West East several times in the past, although they have not been able to provide us with anything competitive for the last 3 or 4 trips - luck of the draw. However, they always feature high on my places to search.

I'm sorry to hear about Linnie's job. There are jobs around depending on how much she wants work, and what she is prepared to do. Nursing homes are usually a good bet, although the work can be disgusting and the hours unsociable. I wish her luck.

Probably teaching granny to suck eggs, but this site http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/index.html usually throws up a few jobs ie narrow it down to the type of work Linnie wants together with how far she can travel, and you could be pleasantly surprised (or not).

Points 48; Position 20
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thanks for your sentiments, we will give it a week or so hopefully the brewery will place a manager in there, they know it used to be a great pub until the last fools perchased the tenancy and run it into the ground.

Back on topic, the terms and conditions of our two flights are quite different.

Outbound date change £25 for Thai, for me not permitted.
Inbound date change (at destination) Thai, free of charge for me £75
Luggage allowance the same at 20kg
Cancellation Thai, £175 for me £250

Kendo.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I assume the differences are because of the different classes of ticket that you have purchased ................. otherwise you're looking at racial discrimination.

Points 48; Position 20
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Big Boy,
I dont know the answer to that, it could be because of the different ticket type's or it could be because of my ticket is on a special premotion, as you know this is the first time i have booked with this company and i have never used Eva Air before.

How ever i am very pleased to make this big saving for the same flights as i was quoted from the Airline Network.

Kendo.

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I'm confused!

I think I'll stick to my 1st world airline booking and see what potshots they can take from there!

After all, I've given my GF a nationwide card and they've thought of a new of syphoning money from that.

Whats next?

I'm sure something will be introduced soon called "Farang Tax"
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Is this Eva Air normal terms and conditions, i would like to know.
Kendo.