Flights

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Flights

Post by kendo »

We are planning a trip out in mid October for about 6 weeks, i have been looking at the price of direct flights only on the net at Airline network and Opodo and a few others , i must say i am dissapointed at the price it's the usuall £650.00 i was hoping with the present climate in LOS and the global economy, there would be some deals to be had.

The big dilemma, do we book now or just wait a bit to see if they have a spring sale or some sort of discounted fare's.

Or can anyone recommend a site i may have over looked, i just cant do the indirect route with 4 hours in some middle eastern airport, last time i done that (Doha) they lost everyones bags and we had to wait 48 hrs to be reunited with them.

Kendo
:cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Kendo, I would wait until nearer the time you want to fly as most airlines will just quote the standard fare this far in advance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you go directly on to the Eva site they are offering £544 for 1 to 31 Oct 09. Same price for mid Oct 09 to mid Nov 09. As soon as you go for a return end Nov 09 the price shoots up to £812.10.
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Apart from that, I have agree with Steve, just keep checking daily until you find a price that suits.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

EMERITS are good with a 2.5hour stop over average in Dubai.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

If you are prepared to go via Kuala Lumpur check out air asia Kl to Stansted UK
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

I did quite a bit of searching for April, The cheapest i could fly direct was £510 with Thai airways which is an absolute bargain, But i have an airport up the road and im not keen on asking people to get me to Heathrow again, So Norwich to Amsterdam then on to BKK is £529. Thank god its KLM and not China airlines are they are poop!. Its the cheapest price ive seen it Ever!.
I could have flown into Abu Dhabi for £410 from Heathrow.

I always try Southhall travel, used them most times now i have flown, I think their search is a pain as if you do it lots of times as it seems to remember previous prices from the relentless searching of dates and times i was doing, I have to keep deleting temp internet files to stop it doing this.
Give them a try http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

These guys have direct travel to LOS with Thai in October for 493 pounds, including tax.

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp

I've used them before and they're fine. I know of many Thai/UK folks that use them.

But be quick.

Good luck.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have to agree with caller 100% on that. :agree: We've used them many times, and have never been disappointed. One of the advantages (if your partner is Thai) is that they have Thai staff working there.

Their prices are always competitive, and its one of the sites that I always check when seeking tickets.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

You're right BB, they are just up the road from the Thai Smiles food place/bookstore on Hammersmith/Chiswick borders, which we don't often go to, but on one trip, I wandered up to the agents to have a chat. All orientals, not just Thai, manning about 8 desks, but if the computer say's no... It's not exactly Trailfinders with their knowledgable staff, but they use their links well and seem linked to others that sponsor a lot of Thai events in the UK, judging by the Thai Smiles magazine thingy.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In the early days they were sponsored by the Thai Embassy in London. When booking, if you said you were married to a Thai national, you were entitled to a discount. They had a deal with the Vietnamese Embassy as well.

I've not tried it recently, but its worth asking :idea:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thanks Chaps,
I am working a night shift but will look at Callers link tomorrow when i get up, i was just hoping for a direct flights for under £600.00 with the poor exchange rate i am looking to really focus on the best deals for everything it all adds up at theend of the day. :D

Kendo.

margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Flights

Post by margaretcarnes »

I think Steve G is right - it's a bit early to be getting realistic prices for months ahead. I get updates from cheapflights.something and another site, both only giving prices for up to about July departures.
They do seem to have plenty for under 500 though.
But I'm not sure that websites are working in our favour price wise. A travel agent on our local radio last week explained that Thompsons and the like have instant info on preferred destinations now, due to web searching, and can up their prices very quickly for the most visited locations online.
In the old days of course they couldn't judge the popularity of a particular destination until after people had booked.
It would follow that airlines, either direct or via dealchecker sites, are able to do the same. So the more we all keep checking on prices to Bangkok the more they will go up!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thanks Mags,
I never thought the more hits a site gets could affect the price, maybe they should get the message that there are a lot of window shoppers and not many buyers, so start to be more attractive like most other industry's everyone is looking for a deal to part with there dosh, some bloke i spoke too at one of these companys told me "very limited flights for your travel date's in fact your return date there is only two seats avalible we have had loads of bookings for Thailand, do you want to book"
Not that old chestnut :roll:
Anyway thankyou to all for your imput.
Kendo.

Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I have yet to check the price but ETIHAD has always proved a bargain. Great food as well...
www.35mmview.com
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thanks Caller.
For that top tip i have spoken to WestEast travel, and they have told me to wait until the end of Febuary at the moment the deals only go upto June, but just for example if i wanted a flight now direct with Thai or Eva air they could do it for £496, direct, that i think knocks the socks off all the other companys i have looked at.

Now for a rant :rant: why cant these other company's like Airline network be more upfront and honest about forth coming deals and premotions i have booked loads of flights with them to Aus LOS etc over many years, i know it's a free economic market and they can ask there price's but you would think that they would want to keep long established custom, too late for me i will book with WestEast, and yes you do get a discount for being married to a Thai.
Kendo.