Jet airlines

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Jet airlines

Post by bubbly »

Is anyone familiar with the above airline???I've been told they're fairly good but i wondered if anyone could give me a first hand account on them.(food leg room etc etc)All i can say is they're a lot cheaper than anyone else. Its costing me £460 return when everyone else was £580 to £650ish. Are thay good or am i gonna be getting on something that has the about the same of stopping up as Tottenham Hotspur????
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

sorry, They and obviously not thay!!!!!
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

Aren't they the new Indian airline?
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Guten Tag cozza

Jet Airways are certainly Indian but not new. Starting out as a low cost Airline im India in the mid 90's it is right now the 3rd largest Airline in Inida right behind Indian Airlines and Air India!

PS: Don't ever fly with Air India to Los Angeles via Frankfurt. IT's Such A Blooddy Expirience Never Again = SABENA, Former Belgiums National Carrier!

Your's The understudy!!!
steve/m

Post by steve/m »

I have heard a lot about Jet lately,and they do seem to offer cheaper flights,
Have heard some good things about them and also some bad.
Usualy any ticket,with any airline,become more expensive if the return flight is 1 month or longer.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Like i said it was £460,and i forgot to mention they give 1 free date change on the return flight too which is worth a lot to me(i always seem to have more money than i need) and extend. Coming out for 10 weeks so i was fairly pleased with the price.
Steve,would be interested in some of the bad things you've heard?????
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

jet

Post by redzonerocker »

bubbly, when are you flying? & does the flight stopover in mumbai?
seen the option crop up recently on searches.
when & if you have time, maybe you could put a report up about jet airlines for others to use for future reference :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

:agree: with you the understudy does redzonerocker!!!

Your's The understudy!!!
steve/m

Post by steve/m »

Hi Bubbly I heard that one particuler blokes return flight was cancelled at Mumbai.
Had to wait 18hrs and no explanation was given.
Also had some probs with touts at Mumbai.
But may even try them myself this time. :)
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Cheers for that Steve. Would be a real downer if i got stuck in Mumbai for that length of time. As it stands it was one of the things that made me go with Jet was the short time between flights. About one and a half hours each way. Changed my flight last march and got a 7 hour change in doha. total grueler on the return.22 hours from jings to my doorstep.
Can the touts bother you in the departure lounge?? Guess you'd drift around a bit if your there for 18 hours but i planned on a swift b&h and a trek to the next gate.
Hi Red.I'm flying out on the 5th of dec so i won't be able to tell you much before then. They gave me a free change and told me there were a lot of places on the return in feb at the mo(which might not bode too well re 18 hours). Could tell you bout the outbound over a beer or two if your in HH from xmas onwards :cheers:
miked
Professional
Professional

Post by miked »

bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Thanks for that miked. I think i'll give my tour operator a call tomorow. Not too worried at this stage but it is a bit concerning. Will post what they say if its anything worth repeating
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A cousin is flying over from India to BKK on the 24th on Jet. I'm meeting her in BKK so will ask her what the situation is then and what the flight was like.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

I gave them a call and just got the "everything is ok" routine. I made reference to the fact that 800 had been laid off and they assured me that most of them got took back on the next day and it was just to do with the merger.Couldn't get anymore out of the guy except there's nothing to worry about. Guess its a wait and see situation.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Well we made it!!! Currently on Ko Samet and its a bit warmer than the UK (yippee)
Anyway,i was really surprised with Jet airlines,A brand new plane out of the UK to Mumbai with all mod cons,equal to all the main carriers.The food was really good too. A smaller one from Mumbai to swampy but that might be down to the problems at the moment and the amount of folks flying. The only downside was Mumbai airport itself.Its a bit scruffy and they had armed guards everywhere(guess thats a good thing really,but i didn't want to see it). All in all i must say i was pleasently surprised
Howay the Lads!!!!