Wild Boar in the Suburbs

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
PeteC

Re: Wild Boar in the Suburbs

Post by PeteC »

The damn things are everywhere. :guns:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39216242

Fukushima: Wild boars take over Japan's evacuated towns (Video)

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

This is what they use to thin them out in Texas! :guns:

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/acinsbrut4
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Nereus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:09 pm This is what they use to thin them out in Texas! :guns:

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/acinsbrut4
That should help. Lol
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

It's not uncommon for a family of boar to be attached to a temple and become domesticated (to a degree).

There is a family attached to the temple at the end of Soi 116.

One of the males frequently visits a nearby house and is quite tame.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

you will find them in most bars anywhere in the world.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Next time thank's to a couple of alcoholic drinks you will see a wolf instead of a small dog.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Hunters deployed to kill radioactive wild boars as residents return to homes in Fukushima nuclear disaster zone"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunters-depl ... 00827.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Wild boars are good if they're on your side...

"Rampaging wild boars 'kill three members of Isis' near Iraqi city of Kirkuk

Three members Isis have reportedly been killed and five more injured by rampaging wild boar near Kirkuk in Iraq.

The exact circumstances are unclear, but sources claim another Isis militant later "took revenge" against the feral pigs involved in the incident.

According to IraqiNews.com, the incident took place near farmland in the mountainous al-Rashad region on Sunday (23 April) 53 km (32 miles) south of Kirkuk. The Times spoke to a local sheikh who confirmed the incident took place.

"It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields," said Sheikh Anwar al-Assi of the Ubaid tribe. "The area is dense with reeds, which are good for hiding in."

Alsumaria News reported that the militants "took revenge at the pigs that attacked the farmland".

Hawija, the area where the attack took place, is one of three pockets of territory in Iraq where Isis remains in control and have carried out atrocities against the local population. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rampaging-wi ... 04173.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

hhfarang wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 pm Wild boars are good if they're on your side...

"Rampaging wild boars 'kill three members of Isis' near Iraqi city of Kirkuk

Three members Isis have reportedly been killed and five more injured by rampaging wild boar near Kirkuk in Iraq.

The exact circumstances are unclear, but sources claim another Isis militant later "took revenge" against the feral pigs involved in the incident.

According to IraqiNews.com, the incident took place near farmland in the mountainous al-Rashad region on Sunday (23 April) 53 km (32 miles) south of Kirkuk. The Times spoke to a local sheikh who confirmed the incident took place.

"It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields," said Sheikh Anwar al-Assi of the Ubaid tribe. "The area is dense with reeds, which are good for hiding in."

Alsumaria News reported that the militants "took revenge at the pigs that attacked the farmland".

Hawija, the area where the attack took place, is one of three pockets of territory in Iraq where Isis remains in control and have carried out atrocities against the local population. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rampaging-wi ... 04173.html

So stupid, did you ever see boars in a desert ?????? 5555
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

So stupid, did you ever see boars in a desert ?????? 5555
Kirkuk is in the northern mountainous simi-arid region of Iraq. It has and has had a lot of native wildlife including boars, bear, wolves, deer, and even water buffalo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildlife_of_Iraq
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Whilst travelling on Soi Charon Pattana 2 yesterday I took the left turn directly after the football station (travelling towards Soi 94) en route to Yamsaard school around 2.20 pm. Towards the bottom there was a group of soi dogs which is not unusual on this soi but these were all barking. When I got closer they were barking at a couple of what I presumed to be two black boars who looked a bit distressed by the noise and attention.
When I came back 10 minutes later the boars had crossed the road and gone under the barbed wire fence, still looking a bit confused whilst at least one dog hidden in the undergrowth continued barking at them.
I travel that road most days but never seen boars before or black pigs if that's what they were?
I've got a couple of poor long distance photos from my phone I will post later if I can be bothered to shrink them to fit.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.