How to easily open hotel/home safe.

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

How to easily open hotel/home safe.

Post by huahin4ever »

We moved into our house here in Thailand and the house have a hotel style safe. We didn't know the code or have the extra key to unlock the safe when you don't rember the code. Well I forgot all about this safe since it is in one of the guest bedrooms, until yesterday when I started searching the web forba solution on how to get it open. Well, it isn't actually science, but shockingly easy to open. As you can see from the Youtube video, the solution I used was to hit on top of the safe and at the same time try to twist the knob to open position. Did it a couple of times, and voila, my safe is now open.

After this I changed the batteries and reset the codeby using a switch on the inside of the door.

Well one thing is for sure. I do not think of hotel safes as much insurance for my valuables anymore.

https://youtu.be/hcYB9ceiAiY
YNWA
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: How to easily open hotel/home safe.

Post by Gregjam »

Frightening when I think I have a very similar safe at my house. The hardest job would be for the thief to get to it across all the junk kept in the room.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Well, and do not order a locksmith in Thailand to try to open/replace the lock on your safe. They will only completely destroy it!Image
YNWA
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm sure you will have reported him to The Association of Locksmiths and submitted your claim for compensation!!

lol
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: How to easily open hotel/home safe.

Post by huahin4ever »

HHTel wrote:I'm sure you will have reported him to The Association of Locksmiths and submitted your claim for compensation!!

lol
It was a friend of mine, and he had to pay 500 baht. And of course the cost of a new safe and removal/installation he has to pay himself. TTT!ImageImageImage
YNWA