How long do we really want to live?

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
PeteC

How long do we really want to live?

Post by PeteC »

"Ask people how long they want to live, and many will answer: "As long as I have my health."......

Exactly.....and if things start to slip do what you want to do even if society says "no, no...that's bad for you..." :banghead: Slip slow or slip fast is up to you.

I eluded on another thread that life is not as much fun as it used to be, by a long shot. Responsibilities keep me content and motivated, but the adventure is gone. I remember the date, approximately mid May 2012, 3 months after I turned 62. Had to stop all my enjoyable vices and unpredictable spontaneity that kept life interesting and on the edge. Because?.....friends, medical profession, current PC mentality told me to if I want to see my daughter graduate from University in about 2025. Well, screw all of that. The kid told me "have fun Dad..enjoy life..." Out of the mouths of babes. :D

Anyway, enjoy the article......Pete :cheers: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-37568662?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
LEfant60
Rookie
Rookie

Re: How long do we really want to live?

Post by LEfant60 »

I will turn 60 in November, every day above ground is a great day! Make the most of every minute and love life and every thing it throws at you! Do one kind thing everyday no matter how small or big! Give yourself away! It's a fantastic journey and if on you're dying bed you have regrets of the past, "I should have tried or done this or that!" you have missed out! My life has had its moments, but its just that, moments! I have experienced more in my life time than most people will in 3 lifetimes. For that I am eternally humbled. Last but not least, I will always re-read Rudyard Kiplings "IF" to get back to reality.
Cheers