Peak Concern for global warming has Passed

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Re: Peak Concern for global warming has Passed

Post by dozer »

I admire your honesty HHF and I hope one day you will find somewhere that is more suited to your needs. or hopefully it is not too late for you to return home.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

You AGW alarmists are so predictable. When given evidence that the public support is declining what do you do? Discuss if the evidence is meaningful? Nope. Speculate on what it means to the AGW lobby? Nope. Layout a plan B for winning the public's hearts and minds? Nope. Repeat the same arguments that didn't work the first time? Bingo! It's like watching an autistic child bang his head against the wall.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

To be honest it would suit me if you would just teach your children pure physics and let them make their own mind up.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

physics
:cheers: :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Global warming: Welcome to the age of mankind
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Glo ... story.html
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

STEVE G wrote:To be honest it would suit me if you would just teach your children pure physics and let them make their own mind up.
F'ing brilliant Plan B. Ignore all those other pesky sciences used in Plan A because they attracted critical thinking and researchers who got caught lying. Pretend the earth is a simple system, rewrite all the computer simulations to ignore annoying side effects like changes in humidity, salinity, jet stream patterns and ocean currents. Plan B is only about CO2 and the greenhouse effect. Al Gore should have no problem selling that. The explanation is so simple he could do it all on twitter. People have short attention spans, so they won't remember Plan A. Just like they don't remember being seduced by Hope & Change.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I rather suspect that when Steve said "pure" physics, he meant without adulteration from political and financial influences, rather than to the exclusion of other sciences. In context it seemed pretty obvious to me.

I also rather suspect he's completely wasting his time trying to have a rational argument on this topic.
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

dtaai-maai wrote:
I also rather suspect he's completely wasting his time trying to have a rational argument on this topic.
Especially when he uses the 'P' word :wink: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

dtaai-maai wrote: I also rather suspect he's completely wasting his time trying to have a rational argument on this topic.
Agreed. For several decades now the only reason I've discussed politics with leftists, either in person or online, is to watch them duck, evade and run. Besides, the American left has relegated the global warming action front to third rate status. They know they lost the battle. The public wasn't stupid enough to accept implementing the left's agenda that existed prior to them wrapping it in global warming alarmism (though I'm sure the left views the public as not being smart enough to accept it). The left's mission to cut America off at it's knees in both political and economic power continues. It's now a direct attack on capitalism. To that I quote:

Miracle Max: "Have fun storming the castle!"
Valerie (his wife): "Think it'll work?"
Miracle Max: "It would take a miracle."

For those unfamilair with the best movie ever that featured "Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles." the idiom, 'Have fun storming the castle!' means: Good luck with that; sarcastic optimism in a hopeless situation.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Homer wrote: For several decades now the only reason I've discussed politics with leftists, either in person or online, is to watch them duck, evade and run.
And that's one of the main problems - for Homer it's all about politics. If you think global warming is a problem, you must by definition be a dastardly "leftist"...
The public wasn't stupid enough to accept implementing the left's agenda that existed prior to them wrapping it in global warming alarmism
Ah, the famously astute American public! :laugh:
This is the way
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

dtaai-maai wrote:And that's one of the main problems - for Homer it's all about politics. If you think global warming is a problem, you must by definition be a dastardly "leftist"...
How pervasive is your inability to recognize a generalization? Or notice that my view about the politicization of AGW is about American politics?
The public wasn't stupid enough to accept implementing the left's agenda that existed prior to them wrapping it in global warming alarmism
dtaai-maai wrote:Ah, the famously astute American public! :laugh:
Are you aware that 'astute' is not a synonym or antonym for either 'smart' or 'stupid'?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

At least some American institutions employ Scientists:

U.S. military: Global warming is real
http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/edi ... ecf03.html

"The 11-member Military Advisory Board of retired three-star and four-star admirals and generals who headed up the Center's study, however, unanimously accepted the scientific consensus on human-caused climate change, concluding that "the evidence is sufficiently compelling and the consequences sufficiently grave" to warrant the military's urgent attention."

"The Republican Party for decades has styled itself as the party of national defense and military strength. Yet debunking the international scientific consensus on climate change has become a veritable article of faith among Republican candidates and officeholders. That position puts the GOP squarely at odds with the military establishment, which has unequivocally accepted the scientific conclusions of the 97 percent of the world's climatologists who actually conduct research on climate and publish in journals reviewed by their peers."
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Homer wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Ah, the famously astute American public! :laugh:
Are you aware that 'astute' is not a synonym or antonym for either 'smart' or 'stupid'?
Yes, but thanks anyway. :thumb:
This is the way
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

STEVE G wrote:At least some American institutions employ Scientists:

U.S. military: Global warming is real
http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/edi ... ecf03.html
The Defense Science Board is civilian, not military. Their scientists say AGW is real. Gee. That's news? Like I've said several times in this thread, AGW alarmists have nothing new to say. They just keep repeating the messages that didn't work the first time. The American public and the party strategists have moved on.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

AGW alarmists have nothing new to say.
Why would they say something new? The science hasn't changed since it was discovered about two hundred years ago.