Total Lunar Ecplise on October 8th

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Total Lunar Ecplise on October 8th

Post by hhfarang »

Get your cameras and tripods ready:

"Don’t miss last total lunar eclipse on October 8"

"The National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand ( NARIT) has invited Thai people to watch the last total lunar eclipse of this year on October 8, saying the next such eclipse will be in April next year.

The NARIT said the eclipse will develop between 15:15 pm to 20:33 pm and the period of total eclipse will last from 17:25 pm – 18:24 pm.

The total lunar eclipse will be visible across Thailand.

Live broadcasts will be held at Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Chacheongsao.

In addition, observers can see the eclipse on the website if the institute.

It said after this eclipse, the next total lunar eclipse is forecast for April 4, 2015."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dont-m ... october-8/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Re: Total Lunar Ecplise on October 8th

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've been too shy to ask all day - doesn't it have to be dark to see this? It'll still be light at 18:24.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:OK, I've been too shy to ask all day - doesn't it have to be dark to see this? It'll still be light at 18:24.
its 18.15 now and the moons perfectly visible, so assuming it's not overcast, you should be able to see it quite clearly
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just walked right around the house, but didn't see the moon. There were a couple of clouds though, so I guess it was hiding behind one of them. I'll look on the 8th.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I've just walked right around the house, but didn't see the moon. There were a couple of clouds though, so I guess it was hiding behind one of them. I'll look on the 8th.
I can't believe that Cha Am was any different than where you are BB, although I guess that clouds do move quite quickly - it was almost immediately overhead at 6.15 :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I definitely did the walk - sent our dogs crazy as they thought they were going for a walk also. There wasn't much cloud, but definitely no moon.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I definitely did the walk - sent our dogs crazy as they thought they were going for a walk also. There wasn't much cloud, but definitely no moon.
Well I've just looked again and it's still visible, just over 50% visible - maybe too many beers (only joking, I know you don't drink).
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We were dead in the water over here in the East also. Storm just finished and nothing but heavy clouds. Clouds so low and heavy in fact that they were reflecting town lights making me run around the house thinking it was moon reflection. :roll: Two 9 year old's following me who now think I'm totally nuts. :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The moon was in full view a few minutes ago while I was cleaning the car port. Fingers crossed for the 8th.

Points 48; Position 20