Dozens of Monuments Hidden Below Stonehenge

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Dozens of Monuments Hidden Below Stonehenge

Post by Dannie Boy »

I've just watched the BBC 2 documentary and it was absolutely fascinating to learn more of what our ancestors were capable of some 6000+ years ago. This was actually the first of a two part programme and I believe the next programme will be aired same time next Thursday at 9pm - well worth watching IMO.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

A little fact that seems to be forgotten.......

For decades the official Stonehenge guidebooks have been full of fascinating facts and figures and theories surrounding the world's greatest prehistoric monument. What the glossy brochures do not mention, however, is the systematic rebuilding of the 4,000 year old stone circle throughout the 20th Century. The restoration has been kept elusive and a large percentage of vacationers sitting in their hotels in London, planning a trip to the monument, have no idea that they aren't getting the full story."
This is one of the dark secrets of history archaeologists don't talk about: The day they had the builders in at Stonehenge to recreate the most famous ancient monument in Britain as they thought it ought to look.

SH1.JPG
SH1.JPG (53.5 KiB) Viewed 486 times
SH2.JPG
SH2.JPG (22.3 KiB) Viewed 486 times
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/12/330623.html?c=on
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Hidden prehistoric monument discovered near Stonehenge"

https://news.yahoo.com/hidden-prehistor ... 33735.html#
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?