Does Banyan or Black Mountain allow non golfers to tag along

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Rafj
Novice
Novice

Does Banyan or Black Mountain allow non golfers to tag along

Post by Rafj »

Hi,

I'm headed to Hua Hin on the 3rd Dec with my family for a few days and am thinking of squeezing in a round of golf either at Banyan or Black Mountain and am wondering if I can seek advice from you guys on whether they allow my wife and daughter to tag along in a golf cart on the course?

I play off 8 and thinking of a quick morning round with my family in tow before heading out to town for lunch...

Appreciate advice on this or any other good conditioned course in Hua Hin that allows this?

Thanks in advance

Ray
3wood

Re: Does Banyan or Black Mountain allow non golfers to tag a

Post by 3wood »

Hi
I think they may well charge a nominal fee, i have heard some courses doing this, how much I'm not sure. if you are lucky you may get away without this fee
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

3wood wrote:Hi
I think they may well charge a nominal fee, i have heard some courses doing this, how much I'm not sure. if you are lucky you may get away without this fee
It can be as much as the green fee eg Sea Pines ( at least when it orighinally opened ) - so beware and check first
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Rafj
Novice
Novice

Post by Rafj »

Thanks for the advice.

I'll write to the 2 clubs to enquire.

Btw, If i only had time for a round of golf, which of the 2 would you guys recommend in terms of condition and the overall experience.

Thanks

:D
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Given that Black Mountain is gearing up for a European Tour event in February there may well be some on course work being done, so I would plump for Banyan.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I would imagine the work being done at Black Mountain would now be finished since high season is here. Write to them both and whoever gives you the best answer, is the one you should play. The problem might be that some courses dont like 4 people in a cart. Remember that you must take a caddie as well. Both courses are good and well maintained.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Drop the wife and kids off at Black Mountain Water Park - flumes, a wave pool, an artificial river and food & drink- and then go and play golf, unless your wife and kids really like watching golf...
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Frank Hovis wrote:Drop the wife and kids off at Black Mountain Water Park - flumes, a wave pool, an artificial river and food & drink- and then go and play golf, unless your wife and kids really like watching golf...
Also there is a rather pleasant bar/cafe overlooking the waterski park thing at Black Mountain, I don't live far away and often spend an hour or two there.
Rafj
Novice
Novice

Post by Rafj »

Thanks for all the great advice.

I've decided to go with Black Mountain and they have communicated that it is possible for my wife and daughter to join me on the course if I pay their buggy fees. They wanted to join me for the experience as they've never been on a golf course before as it's not possible at the clubs back home. :-)

We are considering staying at the AKA and AKA guti resort but am a bit worried as the review we've read is not so good, especially with regards to the maintenance of the property. Can anybody advise if that's the case?

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers