Aim Point Green Reading Technology Class

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Aim Point Green Reading Technology Class

Post by SunandFun »

I am off to BKK to attend one of these classes on AimPoint Green reading. I am a pretty fair putter now, so looking for some help on tough courses close to the mountains that are difficult to read the greens due to the terrain. Will give some comments when I complete.

Whether you're a professional golfer, caddie, junior, or amateur golfer, AimPoint Green Reading will transform your game by teaching you the one aspect of putting which is never taught--exactly where to aim.

Mark Sweeney has pioneered a revolutionary green-reading method based on the highly accurate, Emmy Award winning AimPoint Technology seen on the Golf Channel. After going through the AimPoint Green Reading education, you will never again have to guess at how much a putts breaks. Any putt. Learn that putting is predictable and discover the most effective and reliable ways to determine the direction and precise amount of break for any putt, all based on gravity (only works on earth).

What You Will Learn

How to accurately identify slope
How slope direction and grade affect break
How to determine precise break amounts for any putt
How to handle changing or multiple slopes
How to manage speed control
How to determine optimum approach shot strategies
lomuamart

Re: Aim Point Green Reading Technology Class

Post by lomuamart »

I could probably do with some of that.
Played Banyan the other day and putts just slipped away. Everything went to the low side and I just didn't get the pace.
The course was in excellent condition. The greens were just too much for me on the day.
The only things I don't like are words like "optimal" and the like. Just line it up and putt!!
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Sunandfun - will be interesting to hear how they help you read greens. I can understand the science behind where you think you are aiming and where you are actually aiming. The better the player, the more break they allow on their putts. The worse the golfer, the less break they allow.
Banyan are the toughest greens to read because the slopes are severe and you have a lot of different slopes going all different ways. Best policy there is to allow more for the slopes on every putt.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

sounds interesting,can you share details of cost and next course,i understand they have a few in bkk this week,when do they return?
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

You can check the dates on their website, just google it. The one at Lotus Valley is 8000 Baht, includes classes, a round of golf with cart and caddie. Also lunch included.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

WOW! What a great class! This is an unbelievable technology. Simple to use, repeatable and it works for almost anyone.
No more getting behind the ball and "looking" at the break or possible break.
Basically, you assign value to the slope through "feel" and any other method you can use. (1 to 5 values)
Then you use the value to assist in the read and where to aim at. You use your fingers to assist on the read.
We learned short putts, long putts and double breaks.
The entire course is held on the putting green with you and your putter too. You are taught hands on.
Results:
Played for first time Lotus Valley outside of Bangkok.
Front Nine: 14 Putts Back Nine: 17 Putts ( I was a little tired and this was a result of my Putting not my green reading.)
That is 31 Putts total. Had not picked up a golf club in a week. I did not miss within six foot.
Can I teach you to do this? Maybe. But I will honour the technology and it's patent.
Would I recommend this to you? Yes! It works. It is not a gimmick. It is within the Rules of Golf to use it. But take a class. It is only two hours long. I paid 8000 Baht including, lesson, lunch, golf, caddie and cart.
Happy Golfing!
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

i looked at the website,but its unclear to when they will be back in thailand,are there english speaking coaches based here in thailand that you know of?
I know adam scott uses this system and has improved his putting game
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I am awaiting the info for Thailand. Will post when I have it.
Thanks.
aimpoint th
Novice
Novice

Post by aimpoint th »

SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I do not teach this technology myself. I am just sharing about a class I took in BKK and the benefit it made to my golf game. There are instructors for Asia that do teach this. The website has the dates of classes and where they are. I am not selling any thing. Sorry you misunderstood my intention.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You did nothing wrong, it was the new user 'aimpoint th' who started advertising his services, which was against our T&Cs.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18