Cha Am or Hua Hin Golf

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Cha Am or Hua Hin Golf

Post by Alanthebuilder »

Hi guys I've not been on the forum for a while ,
We have just landed a big job in Cha am early next year and I'm looking to play some golf !
I will have with me my two sons 11 and 12 year old there getting good , and my wife , we like to play often so I was wondering is there a regular none expencive golf course even a 9 hole that we can play most mornings ?
Here in Surin we play the army course it's ok for regular playing , then once in a while we he's up to Khon Kean or Khorat for a treat .

I'm very great full for any advice .
lomuamart

Re: Cha Am or Hua Him Golf

Post by lomuamart »

There's an army course at Tannarat in Pranburi. It's been ages since I played it so can't advise about prices or condition. 18 holes.
A bit further afield, there's a public works course at Dolphin Bay. That's 9 holes and used to be free to play (30 THB for a trolley). The course is some 50 kms from HH.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Cha Am or Hua Him Golf

Post by barrys »

lomuamart wrote:A bit further afield, there's a public works course at Dolphin Bay. That's 9 holes and used to be free to play (30 THB for a trolley). The course is some 50 kms from HH.

It's still free ....
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Cha Am or Hua Hin Golf

Post by Alanthebuilder »

That's a long way from Cha Am then guys ?
Is there anything more local ?
Thanks for the guidance guys
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm not aware of any courses closer to you where you can have a knock around for a few Baht.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The closest to Cha-am central is Palm Hills...right? Expensive place but I guess doesn't hurt to visit and ask about any deals during low season.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You look at the maps and Imperial Lake View is also close in to Cha-am it seems.

EDIT: Maybe a good idea to contact this group: http://www.chaamgolfclub.com/ The problem is that you're moving into a resort area. The prices of everything will reflect that, especially recreation like golf.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alanthebuilder »

prcscct wrote:The closest to Cha-am central is Palm Hills...right? Expensive place but I guess doesn't hurt to visit and ask about any deals during low season.
Thanks mate even pattaya has at least 3 army / navy 9 holes to play .
I don't mind 1500 B for a round of golf with my mates but times this by 4 plus tips that's a chunk of $
What's the most reasonable 18 hole down there do they have a sports day or ?
Thanks again guys for the info !
Maybe I nee to check out other towns close by
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Kaeng Krachan is a very good 27 hole course but again its a little way from Cha Am.
They have sports days on Mondays and Fridays at 600 baht green fee plus caddy which I think from memory was 300 baht.
You must play the Nicklaus 9 which is a fabulous lay out.
Another course worth considering is Sawang GC.
They have sports days on Mon, Wed, and Thurs and last year the green fee was 400 baht plus 300 baht caddy.
Once again its about a 30 to 40 minute drive from Cha Am but a good layout and worth investigating. Last year they were offering a year's membership for 6000 baht. Whether that is still on offer I have no idea but if you intend to play regularly and don't mind the travelling its worth consideration.
As someone said Hua Hin/Cha Am is not cheap but Imperial Lake View will probably be your best bet if you do not want to travel too far.
Alanthebuilder
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alanthebuilder »

Thanks for your info mate great stuff