Pattaya Golf

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Pattaya Golf

Post by hhfarang »

Not Hua Hin but it seems cheaper and more choices for you golfers...

"The leading golf association in the world, IAGTO, that is involved in 80% of all golf tourist bookings voted Pattaya the top golfing destination, notably based on having 20 golf courses within 50km of the city, value for money and ease of transport from airport to hotel."
pattayagolf.jpg
pattayagolf.jpg (47.08 KiB) Viewed 5005 times
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
angkor69
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pattaya Golf

Post by angkor69 »

How much is the green fee on that course???
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Pattaya golf is great, not that cheap though, all if the Siam courses, Lam Chabang are expensive - 2500+. Trick is to catch the sports days and then u get great value. My favourites there - Khao Keow, Easten Star, Green Valley these courses are not hard and let you play withouty kicking ur butt too much!

I would say that Banyan, BMG, Springfield, Majestic (now its in order), Lake View, Krang Kachan, Royal Ratchaburi all rank as good as anything in Pattaya in my humble opinion.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

I like Greenwood 3 really good nines. Green fee B800 + caddy, sport day Mon & Wed B650 + caddy.

Also like Bang Pra. Green fee B1000 + caddy, sport day Mon & Wed B800 + caddy. This is the oldest course in the area and is members only before 11 am. (Wish Springfield would adopt this policy!!!

If you join Pattaya Sports Club you get discounted rates on all courses in the Pattaya area plus discounts from many stores in Pattaya
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

That map forgot "The Emerald" which is only a few KM's further than Eastern Star. I don't think it's an easy course at all, but don't know what number ranking it should have. Pete

http://www.theemeraldgolf.com/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Emerald is a Faldo design, quite tricky but not too long I like it but condition is up and down.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Siam Motors plans golf course hotel

The new hotel offering 60-120 rooms is planned for Siam Country Club Pattaya Waterside, which recently opened. The hotel is due to be completed within two years.....

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/health/ ... urse-hotel
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The eastern seaboard has really mastered the golf business, their marketing is first rate and brings thousands of the best sort of tourist to the region.
Awu

Post by Awu »

I can´t see 20 courses on that map?
meross
Rookie
Rookie

Post by meross »

[youtube][/youtube]

Playing golf in Pattaya is much cheaper & better organized than here in Hua Hin. It is also a more welcoming environment were you are made to feel welcome and do not have to pay ridiculous society joining fees to play in the competitions of the day and enjoy the cheap greenfees offered to the golf bars. Black Mountain and Banyan are the only courses in Hua Hin that would rate in terms of condition in Pattaya.
Rates in the low season at most courses are around 1700 baht including cart and caddy, the Siam courses and Laem Chabang being the exceptions , but last low season we played the latter on a weekly basis at 2100 cart and caddy included.
keke
Novice
Novice

Post by keke »

I have been playing golf in Pattaya for the last 10 years in high season. There are a lot of good courses within the region but the cost for a day of golf has risen sharply in the last few years. Even with the Pattaya Sports Club membership, which is a must for anybody who will play more than 3 games during your stay the costs for a day of golf is getting prohibitive.

Usually I will play about 20 times within my 5 weeks of vacation so increases in the cost of a day's golf is certainly an issue. It's too bad because it used to be such a great value but between increases in everything from green fees, caddie fees, caddie tip expectations, transport and many of the course going to a single rider on a cart policy and many having mandatory cart requirements it getting harder and harder to find value.

This year 2015 my average daily golf cost was nearly double from 5 years ago. The current exchange rate isn't helping matters.

Caddie tip expectations note: This year I played Pattaya Country Club 4 times in a 6 day stretch. On day 1: I took a cart so my caddie didn't have to walk, on top of that she showed little interest in helping me in any way. Her green reading was of little help and a few times I had to rake my bunkers which is no big deal but usually the caddies insist. I tipped her 250 although my playing partners thought I over tipped for the service I received. When I arrived for my next game a friend of my day 1 caddie dressed me down for not tipping enough on day 1. Day 2: I walked and had a good caddie, I tipped 300. Day 3: I took a cart with an okay caddie so I tipped 270 . When I arrived on day 4 my assigned caddie got all up in my face for only tipping 270 the previous day. WTF ....I told her to hit the road and requested a new caddie. I walked and the caddie was very good so I tipped 300.

My playing partners and I had never encountered this type of aggressive tip demanding and pre-determined expectations in all of years of playing golf in Pattaya.......Despite this behaviour I still believe it is our discretion and responsibility to TIP as We deem appropriate for the level of service received. If every caddie gets a big tip whether they do a good job or a shitty job it won't be long before all caddies will be doing a shitty job.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

If you think golf in Pattaya is expensive then Hua Hin is often double for a visitor, with the exception of Siam CC and Laem Chabang - Sorry but it has always been like this.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
meross
Rookie
Rookie

Post by meross »

Laem Chabang now has a low season greenfee of 1200 baht and it really is a sensational golf course
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I absolutely agree with you this is fantastic value on a 'sensational' course - and with the lack of rain in HH even more so.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.