Tour Company or Taxi?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Tour Company or Taxi?

Post by billy70 »

I'll be in HH for a couple of weeks in early July and didn't see any recent posts about tour companies. Would you recommend using a company like "Golf Holidays Hua Hin" to organise my rounds and transport, or doing it myself and catching taxis. I'm assuming the tour companies would also know about the potential to join local competitions if possible.

Any advice would be most welcomed. Thanks!
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Re: Tour Company or Taxi?

Post by bonnielass »

Most golf tour companies will have some clout and might get you a better green fee rate or t-time. We have used them in the past, they are very reliable, got us some deals on green fees and driver always waiting to take you home.

If you book your own taxi, some of the courses are quite far out of town. Will the taxi come back for you 4 hours later, and at what cost?

BL
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A taxi will always come back for you especially if you give them an idea of what time you want to be collected.
My advice would be to call them as you finish and ask them to turn up in 1.5 hrs - or whatever you want. That gives time for a shower and change plus a beer or three!!
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

We always use AGP for our golf. They are in Poonsuk Rd. Gee and Nang are great. Good van, good driver and good prices. Hire good set of clubs only 400 baht, why bring your own clubs all the way to Thailand. You just tell the driver when you want to be picked up, usually he will stay at the course and wait for you.
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by billy70 »

Thank you all very much - that is most helpful!
angkor69
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angkor69 »

kirkyboy wrote:We always use AGP for our golf. They are in Poonsuk Rd. Gee and Nang are great. Good van, good driver and good prices. Hire good set of clubs only 400 baht, why bring your own clubs all the way to Thailand. You just tell the driver when you want to be picked up, usually he will stay at the course and wait for you.
How much does it cost? for ex...from city center to Majestic Creek... both way...

Thanks..