Hua Hin Golf Festival August - September 2014

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Hua Hin Golf Festival August - September 2014

Post by JimmyGreaves »

HHGa.jpg
HHGb.jpg
HHGc.jpg
Attachments
HHGb.jpg
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Hua Hin Golf Festival August - September 2014

Post by Henry 14th »

Great, hope my back is fixed in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I thought KK, Sawang and Milford were all less than 1000 baht already ?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I thought KK, Sawang and Milford were all less than 1000 baht already ?
So the golf festival gives them a chance to raise their rates... :D

What happened to 800 baht... that's what the festival prices were a couple of years ago when I last played.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bkistheone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bkistheone »

Frank Hovis wrote:I thought KK, Sawang and Milford were all less than 1000 baht already ?
they are!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Overall, I don't think that's a bad deal.
I also can remember 800 around but everything goes up.
At least it's an opportunity for many to play some great courses for a few months.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan Offices have joined forces with the Phetchaburi – Prachuap Khiri Khan Golf Course Association and 10 of the leading golf courses in the region to host the Hua Hin/Cha-am Golf Festival 2014 between August and September 2014.

TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik said, “The Hua Hin/Cha-am Golf Festival has been held successfully for several years now to promote golf and other sports that tourists can enjoy in Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan. As the event has become better known by sportsmen and women internationally, it has become much anticipated by local businesses, which enjoy a boost of visitors during what has traditionally been the province’s low season.”

Participating courses include:
- Imperial Lake View Hotel and Golf Club
- Majestic Creek Golf Club and Resort
- Palm Hills Golf Resort and Country Club
- Kaeng Krachan Country Club and Resort
- Royal Hua Hin Golf Course
- The Eagle Milford Golf Club
- Springfield Village Golf and Spa
- Banyan Golf Course
- Black Mountain Golf Course
- Sea Pines Golf Course

During the festival, the 10 participating golf courses will offer special promotions and the prices will vary from course to course. Golf competitions will take place every Sunday from 3 August – 5 October, 2014.

Anyone interested in joining the Hua Hin/Cha-am Festival 2014 can make advance bookings to pay green fees or to enter the competitive events. This enables them to enter a lucky draw and to win an amazing prize – a Honda Brio Amaze. The lucky winner will be announced on the final day of the festival.

http://www.traveldailynews.asia/news/ar ... se-the-hua
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

"Special Promotions" during the golf festival. They could be politicians :-)

At the moment, Lake View is 800 (green fee), Palm Hills is 1200 (including green fee, caddy and buggy), Sawang is 600, KK is probably about 800 etc etc.

So during the golf festival, prices will be going up. I am not sure that that was the original intention of the golf festival.
moose 961

Post by moose 961 »

royal is 800 green fees weds. fri. & sun. thru Oct. The rest of the week they go up for the festival to 1000 baht.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

I did post this on another thread but KK is 600 baht green fee on Mondays and Fridays (Sports Days) but during the festival its a 1000 baht.
As fft100 states I am sure an increase in green fee prices was not the original concept of the festival. It would have been a reduction in prices to encourage more people to play.
angkor69
Rookie
Rookie

2014 HH golf festival...promotion still going or not?

Post by angkor69 »

Hello everybody...

I'm heading to HH early Sep...and want to know some promotions are still valid on Aug/Sep...

Promotions like sports day(Royal on Wed,Fri and Sun green fee of 800...etc)

and twilight fare of Seapine after 2:30pm : green fee 500 bhat...

Are these still going on or Not????
lomuamart

Re: 2014 HH golf festival...promotion still going or not?

Post by lomuamart »

The promo at SP was only for July. I'm not sure about HH.
However, the festival continues until the end of September and the rates are very competitive at all the courses.
I'm not 100%, but I would doubt that courses would run cheaper promos during the festival.
achadah7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by achadah7 »

I am heading to HH first week of Oct, what can i expect to pay for a round of golf (green fees) and where can i rent clubs and at what price ? Assuming at the course it would be way more expensive
achadah7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by achadah7 »

Prices i am seeing online, nothing is less that 2500-3000 THB for green fees and caddy, I dont want a cart, i enjoy walking the course.
Where are you seeing these low prices.
Coming Oct 3rd, wanna play a round at the break of dawn on the 4th 5th or 6th, What can i expect to pay?
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

The golf festival finishes at end of September. Prices often go back to the normal 2500 baht in October but there might be some special deals. Best to contact the courses direct. You can also ask about quality of rental clubs and price. Every course in Hua Hin allows walking.
October is the wettest month in Hua Hin although you should get dry weather if you play early but afternoons can be very wet. Fairways tend to get soggy at this time of year.