SKAL Charity Golf Tournament, Sept 29, 2013

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

SKAL Charity Golf Tournament, Sept 29, 2013

Post by Lev »

Hua Hin Forum is proud to assist SKAL in promoting this charity golf tournament.
skal.jpg
Please contact the organisers regarding registration or sponsorship.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: SKAL Charity Golf Tournament, Sept 29, 2013

Post by Huahinian »

We now have Thai Airways, Garuda and Malaysian Airlines sponsoring this tournament. The list of sponsors grows daily.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

270 views, no reply from interested golfer--3500b,a little pricy?
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

September afternoon! Good chance of rain there. If you want to play golf in the rainy season then best chance in the morning.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

skal2.jpg
bkistheone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bkistheone »

how far from hua hin centre is this?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

bkistheone wrote:how far from hua hin centre is this?
Black Mountain golf course details:

Designed by: Phil Ryan
Opened: 2007
Course: 18 holes, par 72, 6,502 yards
Facilities: Driving range, chipping green, putting green, clubhouse restaurant, pro shop, professional coaching staff.
Green Fee & Caddy: 2,800 THB incl caddie. Cart 600 THB
Driving Distance from Hua Hin: 15 minutes
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

How will you establish what handicaps entrants will be playing with? Visitors from other areas who do not have a playing history with any of the Hua Hin societies or clubs will be difficult to confirm what their handicap should be?
Last year's Rotary competition at Banyan was won by a Thai team who carded 17 under par gross ! Amazing.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Majestic Creek wrote:How will you establish what handicaps entrants will be playing with? Visitors from other areas who do not have a playing history with any of the Hua Hin societies or clubs will be difficult to confirm what their handicap should be?
Last year's Rotary competition at Banyan was won by a Thai team who carded 17 under par gross ! Amazing.
This is always a difficult situation as there is no established handicap system contolled by the Thai Golf Association. We are requesting handicap certificates and will check those with the issuing clubs/societies. We will submit completed score cards to those issuing clubs/societies.

Those of us who have been involved in the golfing scene for any amount of time understand that the rules of golf, etiquette and honesty are sometimes not practised in the same way as in Europe or America. We cannot eliminate it but simple do our best to overcome the problem.

The higher value prizes (e.g. airline tickets) will be used as raffle or auction prizes so that those "arithmetically challenged" golfers may win a trophy but not a valuable prize.

I know that your committee has a good handicap system for your weekly competitions. How do you deal with non-members handicaps? Any information would be gratefully received.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

Thank you for your reply, and that you took my comments on handicaps in the spirit it was intended.
All new entrants to our competitions, members or guests, have to submit three cards before we let them play in a competition, if they do not have proof of an established handicap. We then review those cards and award an appropriate handicap based on what they have submitted.
Because you are running a one off competition you don't have this option of course.
If players are regular Hua Hin society members or Majestic members, all handicaps can be checked on the web site www.masterscoreboard.co.uk. We all use the same system for running our competitions, HandicapMaster, which feeds the results into the MasterScoreBoard site when you close the competition. We look at this site regularly to try to get some parity with handicaps across all the HH societies, which now seems to be working quite well. Plus our members submit cards from other clubs and competitions for adjustment.

If you want access to the site, you will need passwords, which I can pm to you.

As you say, there is little that can be done for 'out of town' entrants, other than ask for proof on handicaps, and to ensure any prize winners are aware that their declared handicaps will be scrutinised before the prize giving.

It is good that the tournament prizes are lower value than the raffle prizes, so the trophy hunters will not benefit so much should they win on an 'arithmetically challenged' handicap.

Good luck with your tournament and hope the above is of some use.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

I am pleased to report that the golf charity event went well. We had 97 players and an additional 28 for dinner.
With the support of sponsors, we managed to accumulate over Baht 600,000 for the school we chose to be the benificiary.
My sincere thanks to the forum for advertising the event and to those members who played.
My personal thanks to the Majesic Creek scoring team who helped me with the scoring.