Great new restaurant & pub near Springfield & Lake View

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
jocko

Great new restaurant & pub near Springfield & Lake View

Post by jocko »

Please see the attached details of a great place to come and enjoy good home made food and/or a cool drink after your golf. Only 2 minutes from Springfield and about 5 minutes from Lake View. Enter via the security post at the end of the 2nd hole on 'C' Course. The Manor is the first building you come to. We look forward to welcoming you.
manor1.jpg
manormap.jpg
manormap.jpg (56.78 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Great new restaurant & pub near Springfield & Lake View

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Nice one Jocko, will give it a try,
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

I am a member at Lake View and a lot of us would really like something like this nearby but on the way back to Hua Hin.
I know you say only 5 minutes but in my opinion probably 10 minutes or more and its just going in the wrong direction.
I wish you well and will give it a try but the location is best suited to Springfield members.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

This was discussed in an earlier thread
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22514&hilit=manor
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Ropes wrote:I am a member at Lake View and a lot of us would really like something like this nearby but on the way back to Hua Hin.
I know you say only 5 minutes but in my opinion probably 10 minutes or more and its just going in the wrong direction.
I wish you well and will give it a try but the location is best suited to Springfield members.
"Good luck, but I won't be going" - Doesn't really need saying...

I'll be moving up that way in the next month or two and I look forward to giving the place a try-out. Even though it will be a 10-minute drive! :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Great new Restaurant & Pub near Springfield & Lake View

Post by PET »

jocko wrote:Please see below details of our new European Restaurant & Pub called The Manor. Only 2 minutes from Springfield and less than 10 minutes from Lake View. Enter via the security post at the end of the 2nd hole on Springfield 'C' Course, The Manor is the first building you come to. We look forward to welcoming you.
manor1.jpg
manormap.jpg
So what are the prices of your large and small bottles of Thai beer?

Most golfers want 2/3 beers and maybe a quick meal at a competitive price, which can be found at two places near to the front and back gates of Springfield. I believe you are much too far away for those playing LakeView.

I understand that there are a small percentage where the overall cost is of little concern, but in my experience most groups have a mixture of people and generally will choose that which is the most competitive.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
jocko

Post by jocko »

Ropes wrote:I am a member at Lake View and a lot of us would really like something like this nearby but on the way back to Hua Hin.
Just for your information to drive from our bar/rest to the main gates of Lake View is only 5 or 6 minutes. From Lake View back to our place if you take the first U turn then turn right to enter past the rear entrance to S/field is about 7 minutes. If you leave Lake View and continue on the bypass turning left to go past S/field main entrance this takes 9-10 minutes but is about 6km longer but the road is better.
Understand we may be in the 'wrong direction' for you but if you do give us a try hopefully you will think the detour is worth it.
jocko

Re: Great new Restaurant & Pub near Springfield & Lake View

Post by jocko »

PET wrote:
jocko wrote:Please see below details of our new European Restaurant & Pub called The Manor. Only 2 minutes from Springfield and less than 10 minutes from Lake View. Enter via the security post at the end of the 2nd hole on Springfield 'C' Course, The Manor is the first building you come to. We look forward to welcoming you.
manor1.jpg
manormap.jpg
So what are the prices of your large and small bottles of Thai beer?

Most golfers want 2/3 beers and maybe a quick meal at a competitive price, which can be found at two places near to the front and back gates of Springfield. I believe you are much too far away for those playing LakeView.

I understand that there are a small percentage where the overall cost is of little concern, but in my experience most groups have a mixture of people and generally will choose that which is the most competitive.
Our beer prices for Chang are 45 & 80, Singha is 55 & 90. These prices are very competitive and so are the food prices. A direct comparison is not possible as we are not a roadside eating place. We are not competing with the other 2 places near S/field, we are providing a completely different option for customers to choose from. We are offering quality home made European food which is prepared and cooked in a modern hygienic kitchen. This can be a sandwich or a full 3 course meal. The interior furnishings including our British style bar are beautiful, set back from the roadside with wonderful views of the mountains and the golf course. Many customers may decide to use all 3 places on different days depending on their requirements. They may wish to dine here on special occasions like birthdays or maybe after a hole in one! Or when you really fancy a good British meal or maybe a leisurely Sunday Roast if not playing golf on a Sunday?
As clarified earlier we are only between 5 to 10 minutes from Lake View and have customers who come from there and indeed from much further afield in Hua Hin itself. This has only happened as people have tried us out.
We are fully aware of the need to offer fair prices with the pound fx rate at it's current low and this is reflected in our prices, unlike many Hotels and Restaurants.
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

Hi Jocko: We will be in Hua Hin 11th March and will definately come and have a few beers and a meal. Always looking for something different to do when we visit. Always wondered what a big house that was when playing golf, now I know. We are not the Cheap Charlies like the ones posting here. Whats a couple of kilometres. We're from Australia so even 100 kilometers is not far. Look forward to metting you.
jocko

Post by jocko »

kirkyboy wrote:Hi Jocko: We will be in Hua Hin 11th March and will definately come and have a few beers and a meal. Always looking for something different to do when we visit. Always wondered what a big house that was when playing golf, now I know. We are not the Cheap Charlies like the ones posting here. Whats a couple of kilometres. We're from Australia so even 100 kilometers is not far. Look forward to metting you.
Hi Kirkyboy,
Look forward to meeting you to. Please check the opening days and times on the letter and for Sunday lunch we ask for advance bookings so as to avoid disappointment.
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

dtaai-maai wrote:
"Good luck, but I won't be going" - Doesn't really need saying...

I'll be moving up that way in the next month or two and I look forward to giving the place a try-out. Even though it will be a 10-minute drive! :laugh: :cheers:

Maybe you should save your money for some petrol to drive the EXTRA miles to the Manor when you move to your NEW place maybe in on of the paddocks there with a tin hut. Cheap Charlie :cheers: :cheers:
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

i had lunch there on sunday,lamb roast and vegetables, it was a great meal for 350bht.Its a superb place for a golfing group to stop for a european meal and a few beers,you can't miss it,its the huge white house on the springfield c course,in fact its a boutique hotel with pool and guest rooms.
Its run by a very friendly british couple and definitely worth a look.
jocko

Post by jocko »

EASTER SUNDAY MENU
For this Sunday we will be offering a special 3 course roast menu for 500 baht.

HAWAIIAN COCKTAIL
Prawns, Crab, Pineapple on a bed of lettuce with a cocktail sauce.
OR
FRENCH ONION SOUP

TURKEY ROAST
Accompanied with 3 vegetables, roast potatoes, home made gravy.

APPLE PIE
OR
HOME MADE RASPBERRY ICE CREAM

Served between 1.00pm and 5.00pm. Reservations only on 081 007 1069