Golf In Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
scotbritboy
Novice
Novice

Golf In Hua Hin

Post by scotbritboy »

Moving to Hua Hin soon - keen golfer - can still get it round in under 80 - looking for advice on which club to join
Ged
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Golf In Hua Hin

Post by PET »

scotbritboy wrote:Moving to Hua Hin soon - keen golfer - can still get it round in under 80 - looking for advice on which club to join
Ged
I suggest you play the courses and then decide.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Ged,

Springfield, Majestic or Lake View all good courses. If you want more info on how the golf scene works get in touch when you arrive and can give you the crack. :cheers:
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

You would probably be best to join the Hua Hin Golf Society. I am only a member at Springfield but the lengths they have gone to to stop their members getting tee times in the high season is sad. Talk to other members and listen to their opinions but they will be delighted to get your 100 000 baht transfer fee and your annual dues and then only offer you tee times from 6.00 am to 6.50 am or after 2 pm! They hold the Tour School on the course for 2 weeks during peak season as well. I have noticed recently that there are plenty of free times available (but not on the members booking site). Not a problem getting tee times in the low season. That is the truth at Springfield. Can't really pass comment about the other courses.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

HofM is right about high season but for 75% of the year its fine and most courses are over busy in high season so take the opportunity to get to play the quieter courses that are a little further away.
Springfield has come a treat in the last few months, looking good now. :)
scotbritboy
Novice
Novice

Post by scotbritboy »

Dear All
Many thanks for your helpful comments - I am in Hua Hin from next Sunday for 8 days - if anyone wants to meet for a beer (I'll pay) - and you can give me the lowdown ?
Ged
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Ged,

Could meet for a beer Monday night, give me a buzz 0878211077, can give you some useful info i reckon.

Cheers,

JW
scotbritboy
Novice
Novice

Post by scotbritboy »

Thanks JW - you have a deal
Ged
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

@ JW,
Is this guy Gavin, at Springfield just a consultant to the Greens Keeper? What are some of the improvements?
I heard it is looking much better now.
Thanks,
David
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Gavan's company is being employed as their consultant for the year, to teach their new greenkeeper the best ways to get the best put of the course. Gavan is renowed in Asia for his ability to get the best available from golf courses, he was integral at Black Mountain and many courses in Bangkok and Asia, very well respected guy. Hadnt played Sf in 3 months and the changes are everywhere, tees, fairways, greens, the course I saw on Sunday was much better than for a long while. :)