9 Hole Golf Course for Beginner

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Divinemissd
Rookie
Rookie

9 Hole Golf Course for Beginner

Post by Divinemissd »

Good Morning......Thank you to all of you that took time to write. I appreciate your responses. I'm off to work just now now.....but I do have a quick question....is there any place one can golf 9 holes in HH? I am a beginner golfer and found 18 too hard.......dare I admit that????? I should also look for somewhere where I can take a few days of lessons. Any suggestions? Have a great Hui Hin day!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Would a single Canadian lady fit into the Expat scene in

Post by sateeb »

There is a 9 hole Par 3 course at Black Mountain........http://www.blackmountainhuahin.com/par.php.

As for lessons there is a Scottish guy called John at the driving range next to Peppers Restaurant,by all accounts he is a great instructor and good food to be had at Peppers.....viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18447
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The best place imo for a beginner is the 9 hole course in Dolphin Bay, however it's a 45 minute drive south. The course is not in good condition so you can place or T up the ball whenever you want, but it's nearly empty, especially on week days, and it's free. 20 baht for a pull trolly, no messing about with caddies, you just play golf like the old days. Since it's nearly always empty, a beginner can play more than one ball for extra practice. Find a playing partner who's been there before and give it a try.

Also, I heard that John Withers is no longer teaching at the range on Palau road mentioned above. This is second hand info, so maybe he left for a while and came back. He is reputed to be the best teacher in Hua Hin.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

hhfarang wrote:The best place imo for a beginner is the 9 hole course in Dolphin Bay, however it's a 45 minute drive south... Find a playing partner who's been there before and give it a try.
Hi Divinemissd

A few of us go and play the Dolphin Bay course one or twice a week - a mixed bunch of Scottish, Irish, English etc.

If would like to try it when you're here, we can try and arrange a lift for you.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

hhfarang wrote: Also, I heard that John Withers is no longer teaching at the range on Palau road mentioned above. This is second hand info, so maybe he left for a while and came back. He is reputed to be the best teacher in Hua Hin.

I think you are correct. My wife and I drove past the other day on our way to the vineyard and the place looked totally deserted, and in a state of disrepair.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Mr. Dumb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Dumb »

Takiap wrote:
hhfarang wrote: Also, I heard that John Withers is no longer teaching at the range on Palau road mentioned above. This is second hand info, so maybe he left for a while and came back. He is reputed to be the best teacher in Hua Hin.

I think you are correct. My wife and I drove past the other day on our way to the vineyard and the place looked totally deserted, and in a state of disrepair.

:cheers:
Pala u golf driving range has been closed for months but does seem to be under renovation