Golf courses & training

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Re: Golf courses & training

Post by fft100 »

5-7 trays ? Thats 200-280 balls. I did try 4 trays once, and the last tray was pointless as i was knackered ! I then went down to 3 trays, but found that i couldnt keep up the consistency for the last tray, so it also seemed to be negative.

I now only do 2 trays. I would rather spend 1 hour and try to hit those 80 balls well. Thats seems, to me, the best way, though as a hacker i am still open to ideas !

What do other people do ?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Same as you. I always take 3 trays at Tavimook and will definitely hit 2 of them but normally not all of the third.
If things are going well, I'm happy to leave half a tray rather than get tired out and maybe hit some really bad ones. The last thing I want is a shank to get me thinking after I've hit 90 odd half decent shots.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

My doc told me after back surgery that I should walk for an hour a day. It's just too boring so I substitute hitting balls for walking. Also, I don't stand there and just whack away, I hit a lot of wedges 30-50 yards, and only practice with a six or seven iron to work on technique. And.....I don't do 5-7 trays every time, only when I'm really trying to learn a particular technique. Most of the time it's three trays and out for me too, but then I'm 68 this week so I figured Patrick could do that many being only 40.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Go and see John Wither. Jorgen at Black Mountain, is away just now. Make sure you get your lessons at Banyan, so you can hit off the grass, and you can also learn to chip and putt on their practise green. If you can learn to chip, then it will give you a better understanding of how you actually should try to strike the ball. Spend half your time on full swing and half your time on short game. Do not try to hit 5 to 7 trays of balls in this heat!! Surest way to sicken yourself. You need to go and practise what the pro tells you - listen only to him! Break your practise up in to half hour segments, so you can keep focus. Golf is all about feel - you have to feel the movements and positions. It is not an exact science. You will soon know if it is a sport that you want to pursue.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

T.I.G.R. wrote:My doc told me after back surgery that I should walk for an hour a day. It's just too boring so I substitute hitting balls for walking. Also, I don't stand there and just whack away, I hit a lot of wedges 30-50 yards, and only practice with a six or seven iron to work on technique. And.....I don't do 5-7 trays every time, only when I'm really trying to learn a particular technique. Most of the time it's three trays and out for me too, but then I'm 68 this week so I figured Patrick could do that many being only 40.
Happy Birthday TIGR.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!