Choice of HH Golf Courses

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Tommy-G
Novice
Novice

Choice of HH Golf Courses

Post by Tommy-G »

Hi everybody,

this is my first post here. I will travel to HH in early March and I wonder if there are some experienced golfers in this forum who may advise on the following:

-which courses in HH are recommendable and other which may be not.
- are there recommendable agenccies who book tee times and do the transfers to and from the
courses.
- what is the usual tip for the caddies in HH (in Phuket it is min. 400 baht)

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Thomas
Big Boy

Re: Choice of HH Golf Courses

Post by Big Boy »

Welcome to the forum Tommy-G. It might be worth reading this thread first viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10055

Other interesting reading can be found here http://www.golfholidayshuahin.com/ and here http://www.tourismhuahin.com/golf-huahin.php .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Most of the courses are in good condition at the moment. Black Mountain, Banyan, Springfield, Palm Hills and Sea Pines are excellent. Had a twightlight round at Royal HH 10 days ago. The course suffers from dryness and the fairways were getting that way then. It's a tough course though and the greens were fine. I've not played Majestic or Lake View for a while so will leave those to others.
Have been to Kaeng Krachan, Royal Ratchaburi and Dragon Hills lately and all are in great condition. Green fees are substantially lower at these three so if you've got to fork out more for travel, you'll still be Bahts in especially if you can split the cost.
Tipping's up to you. I always give 300 THB unless the caddie has been abysmal which isn't very often especially on the local HH courses.
I'm sure you'll have a great golfing time over here.
Tommy-G
Novice
Novice

Post by Tommy-G »

Hey guys - thanks very much for our quick replies !! Very nice.

I will stay at the Intercontinental. How far are the courses from there approx. ?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

About 30/40 mins or less to all the local ones. An hour to Kaeng Krachan and two to Ratchaburi and Dragon Hills.
Tommy-G
Novice
Novice

Post by Tommy-G »

Many thanks lomuamart ! I think with all your hints I will manage golf allright in HH. Look very much forward to it.

Kind regards & best wishes for straight drives...
Thomas
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I will stay at the Intercontinental. How far are the courses from there approx. ?
You will only be about 10 minutes from Sea Pines Military course and Banyan which are two of the newest and best.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Tommy-G
Novice
Novice

Post by Tommy-G »

Hi again.

one more question: are the courses in March very busy, i.e. is it recommendable to pre-order tee times or can you book tee times on the spot ?
Thanks for your comments.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The courses should be quieter than now, but it's probably still a good idea to book a tee time in advance. There could be a competition on or a society playing on the day you want.
If you follow the "tourismhuahin" thread Big Boy gave above, all the telephone numbers are listed.