Golf in Hua Hin / Cha-Am

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
ajmcmahon47

Golf in Hua Hin / Cha-Am

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

G'day from Australia

My family are visiting Hua Hin in Sept, around 20th , - we'll be looking for some mates to play heaps of golf. I will be staying at the Sheraton. My Aussie handicap in 16 so if interested - let me know...Cheers Tony
lomuamart

Re: Golf in Hua Hin / Cha-Am

Post by lomuamart »

If you bring your handicap certificate over with you, pop into Bernie's bar and have a word with him about playing with the society as a guest. You won't get any of the society green fee discounts, but until the end of September the golf festival is on so rates are very low anyway and you'll get some friendly competitive golf in.
If that dosn't suit, then plenty of golfers go there as their 19th hole so you may get hooked up with people to play with socially.
For location, see here http://www.huahinafterdark.com/map.htm Just look below The Hilton Brewery on the bottom right of it.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Tony,

Always plenty of golf to get involved in, if you want a heads up on when you here let me know, my office is about 30 seconds walk from Bernies! Courses are in good shape and cheap as Lomu says... happy days! :thumb:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Just a quick heads up on handicaps, some groups here play a forward tee box - usually around 6200 yards, you would probably find that a lot easier than your courses back home where you handicapped from the back box, you may find your more like a 13-14 handicap here, really depends on the course u play.
Played with a few guys from Oz in May, we did a handicap adjustment after they all got more than 20 points after the first 7holes of the front nine!
Cheers,

JW
ajmcmahon47

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Thanks to all who replied to my golf enquirey. See you soon...Tony (Aussie)
ajmcmahon47

Purchasing Golf Stuff

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Hi Guys, a friend of mine here has a Golf GPS , a Sureshot GPS 8850 and I have found it works excellent down here. Is there a golf shop in Hua Hin or Cha Am where I could buy one whilst over there?

Tony
AUSTRALIA
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

JW wrote:Just a quick heads up on handicaps, some groups here play a forward tee box - usually around 6200 yards, you would probably find that a lot easier than your courses back home where you handicapped from the back box, you may find your more like a 13-14 handicap here, really depends on the course u play.
Played with a few guys from Oz in May, we did a handicap adjustment after they all got more than 20 points after the first 7holes of the front nine!
Cheers,

JW

As from the 21/9/11 the Aus handicap system will change.
Not sure why but I believe it was because the mid and high handicap players were getting an advantage, which possibly explains why JW was losing some money to us Ausies!

1. Instead of the best 10 of your last 20 games, it will be the average of the best 8 of your last 20.

2. The multiplier will then be .96 instead of .93.

3. You can not go out more than 4 strokes from your best exact handicap achieved during the previous 12 months.

4. The maximum handicaps will be 40 for men and 50 for women.

I have not checked to see what difference it will make to my 27 handicap but the word is it will make quite a difference.

Lets hope they got it right this time.

:cheers:
You only live once.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

40 for men?
Jeeze, I couldn't get a handicap as a junior until I played off 24 from the medal/competition tees.
I'm still useless though.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm still useless though.
At golf or... ?

:D :D :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?