Golf in adjacent provinces

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I suppose you have a handicap, so I suggest you bring your certificate and go along to the Hua Hin Golf Society which operates out of Berny's Bar in the Bazaar area near the Hilton.

In the high season they visit courses outside Hua Hin, leaving by bus at 7.45am and returning to Hua Hin at around 6.30. Transport cost usually around bht300.
tj

Post by tj »

Have played and stayed at numerous off the map thai towns with golf courses near by and have found these trips to be some of the best fun while in thailand!
It helps if u can speak some thai but is not imperitive. You will have some new experiences and for sure some things dont turn out as planned but that is half the fun!
Grab a copy of the golf guide book ( found in all book stores and plan yr own trip). Can drive yourself or hire a car with driver for about 2000bht a day plus gas. If u can get another couple of guys to join u is an inexspensive trip and u will have plenty of fun times i assure u!
All towns have some form of entertainment and as the token farangs u can be very welcomed if you are courteous and of course smile.
If your not cheating your only cheating yourself
le pew

Golf Trip

Post by le pew »

Thanks Pet & TJ. The Golf Guide Book, is that a local Thai book or can I get it here in OZ? I don't mind getting a rental car and going off on my own or with others. I have also tried very hard to learn some Thai and know about 80 words or phrases. Not much help but I can sometimes understand what the Thais are talking about and I can usually get my message across. Of course where I have been going in Phuket one hardly needed to Know any Thai so I am looking forward to increasing my word base and getting those tones right. As for off course entertainment, I just love playing pool with the girls. Their ability to have fun is singularly the most appealing facet of their nature and as long as you can match their sense of humour a great night is always there to be had. I don't mind losing the small cost of a few drinks to them because I am a lousy player and I recognise that without them it would be a dull drinking session. I actually read through the posts about pool tables in bars in HH and was surprised to find that many players take it so seriously. Each to their own I guess.
tj

Post by tj »

Golf guide book is only available in thailand. But at all good book stores and priced around 800 bht. Also u can have a look at thaigolfer.com is a good site with ratings and prices of most of the courses in thailand. Hope this helps and have a great time! The people in the outlying provinces are more genuine than the tourist areas and im sure u will have some memorable experiences.
If your not cheating your only cheating yourself
le pew

Post by le pew »

Thanks TJ. I found a Pocket Guide to Thailand Golf on the internet and it is available as a pdf download for nix. I have found most of the major courses there. It seems a good enough book for what I will need. Yes, I am expecting the Thai welcome outside of the main toursit areas to be different.