Double Pricing @ Hua Hin Golf Courses?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

double pricing at Hua Hin golf courses

Post by Arcadian »

Are farangs paying double the normal price or are Thais paying half the normal price?
The Dude
Amateur
Amateur

Post by The Dude »

Dual pricing should only be used when taxes are used to maintain, own, or a build an establishment. If a golf course is owned by the city or state then dual pricing should be used since the local or state taxes are used to pay for the course. So in essence the local people are paying for the golf course through taxes and green fees. I don't think that any golf course in Hua Hin is owned by the city, state, or country. Except the army course which in my opinion is not worth my time or money anyway. It should be illegal to have dual pricing but the Thais just haven't got it yet. Most courses would rather have 50% of the tee times booked at an extremely high price then have 100% of the tee times booked at a lower price. They just don't understand that if they had a full tee sheet then they would make significantly more off of beer, food, message, and golf shop sales. They should look at the bottom line and not just the top line.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Is Royal Hua Hin a privately owned course? I always thought it was a government owned course...
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Valrhona

Are you, by any chance, involved with/own/run a golf course around Hua Hin? Sorry to sound silly but can you confirm please?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
The Dude
Amateur
Amateur

Post by The Dude »

No but I am a golf professional in the states. I live here for four months in the winter time. So I run a golf course but not in Hua Hin.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

:?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

hhfarang wrote:Is Royal Hua Hin a privately owned course? I always thought it was a government owned course...
Think it's owned by Boon Radh (sic) brewery. The mob who make Singha, so a private course.
flyfifer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by flyfifer »

Golfers
Dual pricing is not just confined to thailand
I am sure you have heard of a little place called St Andrews.
For a local you pay approx 125 pounds a year to play 7 golf courses.
If a Thai (or any other person outwith the town boundary) turns up to play he will pay full green fee (anthing from 40 to 120 pounds) for 1 round
Now that,s proper dual pricing!
Feel any better?
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

!

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Hawaii has pricing for locals as well. More than likely you will find multi-priced structures in any place where tourism is the prevalent industry.

You are not and never will be considered a local here. Get used to it or go somewhere you don't feel picked on. Now that I've got you all screaming go to Hawaii and you'll find that natives cannot afford to live in their own country any more. Thai's are absolutely correct to limit foreign ownership and participation. It's the only way Thailand will stay as it is and we should all be thankful for that otherwise we couldn't afford to live here either.

Yes, finding some way for expats to own a small plot of land or a house, or local pricing for resident expats would be nice, but it would also be the first step toward the above.

Think about who owns the newest and coincidentally(?) most expensive golf properties here........not Thais.
valrhona

Post by valrhona »

spitfire wrote:Valrhona

Are you, by any chance, involved with/own/run a golf course around Hua Hin? Sorry to sound silly but can you confirm please?
Nope just a hacker that frequently visits HH and other places... I usually take 3-9 months off every year depending on my mood and the job situation. That leaves me lots of time to travel