Hua Hin police to get tough on motorbike helmets

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin police to get tough on motorbike helmets

Post by Big Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am I'm not including foreigners in my comments.
I would, not all, but many foreigners take the attitude, "When in Rome."
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

handdrummer wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am I'm not including foreigners in my comments. I assume you'll can ride. However, I guess you haven't seen the Thai motorcyclists roaring up and Petchkasem road north of Soi 2. They greatly exceed the speed limit, weave in and out of traffic and present a danger to other drivers. Helmets don't compensate for dangerous driving, but they do look cool in their leathers.
Rich kids in high powered vehicles on daddy's coin are a menace in every country, but generally the numpties on the scooters not looking where they are going are more of a danger than big bikes.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Slightly off topic, but linked.....I see people, mostly Thais, texting or on their phones while riding scooters. This means they can only operate the front brake if they need to stop urgently. Any bike rider knows that this will only have one consequence...a front wheel skid and crash!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

NOKYAI is correct with this observation..maybe that's why the child has to sit up-front?..as lookout for potential hazards
(2 kids between rider & handlebars increases the awareness)
Leaving mama to happily read texts & reply too.. :?
As for the MiB getting tough on helmet-wearing?..Nah, same-same as always IMO.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 am
handdrummer wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am I'm not including foreigners in my comments. I assume you'll can ride. However, I guess you haven't seen the Thai motorcyclists roaring up and Petchkasem road north of Soi 2. They greatly exceed the speed limit, weave in and out of traffic and present a danger to other drivers. Helmets don't compensate for dangerous driving, but they do look cool in their leathers.
Rich kids in high powered vehicles on daddy's coin are a menace in every country, but generally the numpties on the scooters not looking where they are going are more of a danger than big bikes.
True. Maybe due to more scooter riders than motorcycle riders. It will take time to catch up and I'm sure the Thai bikers will work on it as they don't want to lose face.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

when you see a policeman riding a scooter with a little girl standing on the front platform and neither have helmet as I saw last Tuesday what more is there to say about enforcing the law ????