Bluport/Intercontinental traffic lights!

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Bluport/Intercontinental traffic lights!

Post by Thistle »

I have just witnessed a very very near miss,whereby a young mother with a push chair,and daughter were nearly mowed down by a 4x4,red plate, which did not stop at the red light, after the traffic attendant waved them over.By pure luck,possibly Budha intervened,they survived thankfully.
Two questions,who is responsible for the traffic lights there,and are there cameras whereby they can possibly enforce any serious incident/accident violations? I am aware of the current on-going scenarios here in Thailand regarding traffic offences,my question is based upon Petchakasem Road, Hua Hin, at Blueport!
Big Boy

Re: General Comment

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not condoning what happened, but quite often the security guys there wave vehicles through. Did that happen this time?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Bluport/Intercontinental traffic lights!

Post by Thistle »

No,cars were stopping in the nearside lane[2-3],i was on a motor scooter,also on the inside,the family were in the middle,the lights were "RED",and the 4x4 continued through the red light heading south.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just a regular dickhead then.

I have seen it when the lights are still red, the security guy tries to wave the cars through. A Farang couple shot across from behind the security guard, thinking they had time to cross. They are very lucky to be alive today.

What is it with Thais (and I've seen many Farangs also at the Bangkok Hospital lights) not wanting to wait 5 seconds more for a green light? Actually employing security guards, who don't possess 360 degree vision, to encourage drivers to run red lights is probably one of the craziest things I've seen on the roads here in Thailand.

When the inevitable happens, and a security guard authorises cars to run the red light, and somebody is killed/injured, who will take the blame?

As for the OP, that was pure stupid. Of course, the driver was probably changing the CD, whilst watching his favourite soap and texting his girlfriend at the same time. What a stupid place to put traffic lights. :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Absolutely agree with BB. I NEVER take notice of a security guard waving traffic on. I will always wait for the green light. If blame was to be attached it would land firmly on the driver's shoulders as the security guard has no authority to override the traffic lights.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ ...and if something terrible happened the guard would have run halfway to Laos before the cops even got there.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its not 'IF' its 'WHEN'