Soi 76 Traffic Chaos - AGAIN

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Soi 76 Traffic Chaos - AGAIN

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote:The chaos will start this evening, and last all weekend as the regular influx of Bangkokians can't turn up there to get their fix of chicken. FFS, they seem to be able to put up notices for every little event, why can't they put up a few diversion notices? It should be a condition of the authorities granting permission to close the road for every fair.

Yes, the real chaos is week ends along Prapokklao Rd. but farangs never complained about that, seems that they love that kind of traffic jam.
About permission to close roads: Who should grant permission ? The HH farangs ???????
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I just gotta shake my head whenever hearing Brits describe traffic situations that I'm familiar with as 'chaos'. Why? See the video:

Then see the dictionary:
cha·os
noun: chaos; plural noun: chaoses
complete disorder and confusion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote:
Big Boy wrote:The chaos will start this evening, and last all weekend as the regular influx of Bangkokians can't turn up there to get their fix of chicken. FFS, they seem to be able to put up notices for every little event, why can't they put up a few diversion notices? It should be a condition of the authorities granting permission to close the road for every fair.

Yes, the real chaos is week ends along Prapokklao Rd. but farangs never complained about that, seems that they love that kind of traffic jam.
About permission to close roads: Who should grant permission ? The HH farangs ???????
The Tessabahn, you plonker, plus licences issued by the police. Even those trucks with loudspeakers have to get permission from the police.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

europtimiste wrote:I am happy when something happens, why traffic chaos ? Only one side is closed, you can use soi 78, 80, 82, 88
Yes I only see farangs complaining.
About how to get some interesting things in Hua Hin, unfortunately as farangs individuals are not taken in consideration and magazin owners as Approach, Hot Hua Hin or HH Today are just interested in making money with adverts.

Don't you feel embarrassed or ashamed of yourself for not being able to fully integrate by reading what locals Thais are saying on social media? I mean, Big Boy can't read, write or speak any Thai and yet he is clearly more in touch with how many Thais feel about this fair's location. You, if my memory serves me correctly, can read, write and speak Thai, so I would have thought you would be up to date on how many local Thais feel.

Oh, and since I always like to help fellow expats and tourists, please let your friends know that there are a number of markets around town which have far better offerings than the current OTOP fair does.

:neener:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Don't you feel embarrassed or ashamed of yourself for not being able to fully integrate by reading what locals Thais are saying on social media? I mean, Big Boy can't read, write or speak any Thai and yet he is clearly more in touch with how many Thais feel about this fair's location. You, if my memory serves me correctly, can read, write and speak Thai, so I would have thought you would be up to date on how many local Thais feel.

Oh, and since I always like to help fellow expats and tourists, please let your friends know that there are a number of markets around town which have far better offerings than the current OTOP fair does.

I can speak Thai but not read. I don't read Thai posts, but know a lot thanks my wife and many Thais I know. Maybe a minority doesn't like this location, but go there and you will see that the great majority of visitors are Thais.
My friends like the current OTOP in city center, no need to go far as Cicada.