Road Widening 'Phetkasem'

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Road Widening 'Phetkasem'

Post by Geko »

Anyone heard anything regarding the apparent road widening of Phetkasem Road, South of Soi 112 to the 'Army Non Commissioned Officers School?

Would agree with StevePIrap's comment.
StevePIraq wrote:And the local council/municipal office or whatever seems to consider communication with the population unnecessary.
Reporting of local news on HHAD is very limited, but this will only improve if members have more input.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Road Widening 'Phetkasem'

Post by HHTel »

Not sure if the main road is to be widened. The evidence so far is the building of 'frontier' roads to take local traffic of the main road. Of course, I could be wrong.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ that would be my take as well.

Off topic: There was a heck of an accident further south on that road this morning. Closer to the cement plant. One of those water delivery lorries and a full size pick'em up went head on. A motorcycle got involved in there as well. Two dead and injuries to others - number unknown. It's sure a shame but the carnage continues . . . .
perfectvolley

Post by perfectvolley »

they build double track road due to the tremendeous traffic at the weekends when every bankokian wanna take a look
at the Kings statue.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

centermid7 wrote:^ that would be my take as well.

Off topic: There was a heck of an accident further south on that road this morning. Closer to the cement plant. One of those water delivery lorries and a full size pick'em up went head on. A motorcycle got involved in there as well. Two dead and injuries to others - number unknown. It's sure a shame but the carnage continues . . . .
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ks-collide

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN -- The drivers of a pickup and a six-wheel truck were both killed and two other people injured when the vehicles collided head-on in Hua Hin district on Thursday, police said.

Pol Lt Col Chaiwat Suebyiew, a Hua Hin investigator, said according to eyewitnesses the pickup truck was trying to overtake a car and ran head-on into a six-wheel truck with a cargo of bottled drinking water travelling on the opposite direction on Phetkasem Road in tambon Nong Kae.

Both vehicles overturned and were totally wrecked in the collision, which occurred about 10am.

Charas Boonmohm, 47, the driver of the six-wheeler, and Prasong Suksanan, 44, who drove the pickup, were killed and trapped in the twisted wreckage. Their bodies had to be extricated by rescue workers.

A passenger in the pickup, Pvt Kachornsak Srikhampha, 21, of Thanarat military camp, was seriously injured.

A woman, Kanchana Chaiboon, 22, suffered a broken leg when her motorcycle ran into the rear of the six-wheeler that collided with the pickup.

The injured were admitted to Hua Hin Hospital
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yet one more example of an accident caused by a "Me First" attitude. It's just sad that someone has lost their life due to another person's sick attitude.

However, I sure many will look beyond the reality of the matter, and blame it on evil spirits, or some such nonsense. :guns:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact