Getting Tough on Motorcyclists?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Getting Tough on Motorcyclists?

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - not optomistic, just repeating what happened on National News yesterday morning.

We all know what Thai police can be like - dishonest as hell, and an imagination to match. I don't think anything substantial will happen in my lifetime, but we can dream :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Re: Getting Tough on Motorcyclists?

Post by buksida »

Takiap wrote: Personally, I think the police should target speeding first. How many cars, with licensed drivers, stick to the speed limit? I travel on the main drag between soi 6 and the city center 4 times a day, and I'm yet to see a car driving within the speed limit. Even people who have licenses here will still pull out without looking and etc. It really is a hopeless situation, but fortunately, I have accepted it now, it simply doesn't even bother me anymore.
Totally agree, more fatalities are caused by idiots/assholes in cars/pickups going way too fast than mom and pop pootling around town on their Honda wave 110 with no lid or license. Priorities are needed here but are never going to come as it is too easy to hide in a bush and jump out on unsuspecting motorbikes going to the local market for some rice and basil.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson