Nissan Navara Corroded Chassis Warning

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Nissan Navara Corroded Chassis Warning

Post by kendo »

Nissan Navara and Pathfinders are starting to make a lot of press for the wrong reasons here in the UK.
I don't know if the whole vehicles have been produced in Thailand but the chassis from 2005-2011 have been and made from inferior steel.
Basically they are getting so rotten from corrosion
They are quite literally snapping in half.

Theirs Facebook action groups and a lot of stuff unfolding to the point that these Navaras and Pathfinders are being condemned by inspectors by the bucket load.

Nissan are buying these condemned vehicles back and are trying to keep this as low profile as possible.

Where ever you are in the world if you own one of these models manufactured between 2005 - 2011 I would go and get it examined professionally
Attachments
Corroded chassis
Corroded chassis
images.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Snapped Chassis
Snapped Chassis
Nissan-Navarra-chassis13-800-size.jpg (83.16 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Snapped Chassis
Snapped Chassis
Nissan-Navarra-chassis2-2007-model-800-size.jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Snapped Chassis
Snapped Chassis
download.jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Nissan Navara Corroded Chassis Warning

Post by kendo »

Theirs lots of information out there FB Nissan Navara Snapped Chassis Group Is one source.

Here's a few more grim images
Attachments
This truck belongs to a friend of mine it's 2009 model.
This truck belongs to a friend of mine it's 2009 model.
Corroded Chassis
Corroded Chassis
Corroded Chassis
Corroded Chassis
Corroded Chassis
Corroded Chassis
Snapped Chassis
Snapped Chassis
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

I see, not only my Mercedes Benz rotten from corrosion. Build 2000, in 2004 i get new doors!! Not bad for a car, cost was new more than 60.000 €
Greets,
Phyton
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Interesting to note that all the pics are of the double cab version. I do wonder about the load that those mobile home units place on the bed, they extend well over the back and it must put a large stress on the chassis just forward of the rear axle. I have not checked the facebook page yet but from the others that have collapsed inwards there definitely seems to be a weakness there. Mine is too new and only King Cab but will keep an eye on it. There is quite a lot of anti corrosion coating on the underside and perhaps they were aware of this and put extra coating on as a result of known issues. At the moment my biggest problem is that it seems too attractive to mice. Having to get the missus to start it every day while I am away which often results in one scurrying away. Dogs have caught some but not all and they must be getting used to the peppermint oil.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Try moth balls or moth cakes (a dozen balls or half dozen cakes) in a small open container placed near your battery (where most wires are that they like to eat). This method works for me. This is the cool time of year they like to get up into engines. Nasty buggers! :guns: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I joined the group and am surprised about the extent of the problem. I know that a lot of the trucks are made here in Thailand as well as elsewhere but have never heard of this issue before. I do wonder it the problem trucks were built here as they tend to get a harsh life compared to western countries although perhaps the corrosion has been worse due to salt put on the roads in winter.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Asked and was told that the trucks involved were built in Spain which might explain the odd truck that has broken here can usually be attributed to overloading.